Dance in the Vampire Bund

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Supernatural, Vampire

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: 1.) Friends
2.) Tsumeato

Ending: 1.) Tsumeato
2.) Friends

Plot: On live television, Mina Tepes, the ruler of all vampires, reveals the existence of her species to the world and states her plan to build a sanctuary in Japan for vampires, called the Vampire Bund. Using her family's wealth to pay off the nation's debt, they have agreed to let her build this safe-haven for her fellow creatures of the night. But not everyone is so easily swayed by Mina's influence, as her announcement brings about conflict with humans who believe that the queen's quest for peace is a façade.

Akira Kaburagi does not believe in vampires and gets uneasy whenever they are brought up, although he has yet to realize why. Apart from suffering a head injury a year ago, he lives on blissfully until he meets Mina. She triggers within him memories of a life he had long forgotten, and he soon begins protecting her without understanding why. But Akira's secret is far stranger than he could have ever thought possible-he discovers that he is a werewolf, sworn from birth to protect the vampire queen, even if it costs him his life. Now, as these two dance a rondo of death in the Vampire Bund, Mina and Akira find out just how deep their bond goes.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 7/10

Opinion: From what I've come to understand, this anime is split between liked and disliked throughout the anime community. I suppose I can see where each side stands, and with that in mind, would like to present where I stand. This is my review of Dance in the vampire bund!

The whole vampire theme was something I never really enjoyed inside other mediums of entertainment. In western mediums I find it to be, well detesting. Yet, I can say with pleasure that vampire themed anime are usually something I look forward to. Anime typically has a way of incorporating and taking elements I do like, and making a great story from them. Dance in the vampire bund was no exception. Of course there were things I didn't like about the show, but I generally found it to be a good anime.

The plot is the first thing I'll cover. The story of this anime was the first I've seen of it's kind. It takes some of the more stereotypical elements of cliché vampires and uses that to make part of the majority of the cast. While at the same time adding in things like politics, monarchies and even other supernatural races. Blending this all together, I was presented with a mature, political, supernatural show that kept me hooked.

Although, while I did enjoy the plot for the most part, I feel that there are issues to be addressed. Mainly, the pacing of the anime. For the most part I felt like not enough emphasis was put on and into the supernatural world. There was a whole race of werewolves, and god knows what else. It was upsetting to see not as much done with it.

Not only that, but the sequence of events that the show follows seems slightly out of it. The majority of the show is about the approval and development of the bund. While this arch was going on, I felt like they added too much random and pointless filler. Rather than actually focusing on the bund 100%. And after the bund was finished, with like three episodes to spare, I fill like the writers gave up.

They added a random antagonist that I had no idea existed until the very end. Also, the quarrel that she brought into the show was completely stupid and a huge waste of time. And with the second arch comes something that I really didn't enjoy seeing.

Age does matter in a relationship. And so, when I saw a kid that was like nine, making out with a girl who was around seventeen, I wasn't the happiest guy around. Needless to say, I absolutely abhorred this relationship, thought it was disgusting and utterly unneeded.

The story was actually really good. With some more elements surrounding the supernatural in more depth and less under age relationships, it could have been great.

Next is the art style and animation. The art wasn't you average style and I liked that. It wasn't bad by any means, and portrayed everything in an interesting and more matured light. It gave a grim styled aura to the show that really help set the mood. The animation was also pretty solid. As I have no issues or complaints with it. It was smooth and fluid.

Thirdly is the anime's soundtrack. Very, very good I will say. Both the opening and the ending were great songs that i wouldn't mind listening to on repeat. There were also some very well dome, and well placed OSTs in the anime. That, like the SRT style, sorta helped set the mood of the series.

Finally, our character cast. For the most part, I found that the character was a rather solid set of characters that I overall enjoyed watching. However, this anime has probably brought out the most indecisive tendencies in me. With our main heroine, the queen of vampires, I found that I could almost not make a structured choice regarding her. One minute she was cool and I really liked her character. The next she was a bitchy loli who I wished would get hit by a truck.

Things went back and forth so much in the show I had a hard time choosing. In the end, while she wasn't best girl, I liked her as a character and thought she made for a good queen of vampires.

So, to summarize what all I've said; if you like supernatural anime, vampires or lolis then i highly recommend you try out this anime. It's on the mature side, and isn't the best supernatural, vampire or loli anime I've seen, but it's pretty good. I enjoyed it, so maybe you will to.

Favorite character:

Tepes Mina

Preview:

***Average***

Plot: 84

Op: 82

Character's: 83

Art style: 90

Enjoyment: 91

Dance in the vampire bund average: 86 (B level anime)