ten. aderes ✔️

ten. aderes

"Oh my– What is that?" Faye asked in pure disgust and shock as they moved further inside the clinic to see a body, laying there with long but deep scratches on its chest. It was very clear to them that he was indeed dead considering the state that he was in.

However, Deaton ignored her comment as he moved around the clinic with his eyebrows furrowed, thin lines appearing on his forehead as he does so. "They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk." He managed to say as he grabbed an alcohol and poured it all over a tissue, pressing it against Scott's wounds which made the werewolf'a face scrunch up in pain.

"What is that?" Scott asked.

"Rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected, do you? You will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek." Deaton explained.

"Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, How do you know anything?" Scott asked the veterinarian, confusion laced in his tone as he looked up at the man who kept this secret for so long.

Faye had the same questions in her mind as Deaton said things that didn't really explain how he knows most of these things but the veterinarian is running out of the time with the help of looking at the clock.

"It's a longer story. What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind. Your kind? I can help. This–" Gesturing towards the dead body on his table. "–This is something different."

Scott's eyebrows furrowed while Faye stood beside him, glancing at him from time to time to check if he's alright considering the nasty scratch that Derek left on his body. "Well, do you know what did it?"

Deaton shook his head before speaking. "No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered."

"Do you know what kind–" Faye had to ask him, knowing that Deaton might have an idea on what's going on with her but she was cut off by Scott who rushed out his words.

"All the things? How many different things are there?" But his question was left unanswered as they heard a car pull up in front of the animal clinic, indicating that the Argents came back rather quickly.

Before Faye can panic, Scott grabbed her hand and pulled her into another room. Closing the door behind them, Scott had to press Faye's body close against him considering that there was a window near them and the room was fairly small. They had to remain quiet so the Argents wouldn't know that they're here because if they happen to know that these two are inside the clinic with them then they'll be in a mess. A big one.

"I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent closed sign." They heard Deaton say briskly along with the footsteps of men.

Faye had to calm her beating heart as Scott placed one hand on her stomach and the other one wrapped around her waist to keep her steady and unable to move. Her mind felt hazy while she tried to remain cool and unaffected by Scott's warm hands on her.

It confused her why she's acting like a middle school girl who happens to have a chance with her crush.

"Hello, Alan. It's been a while. The last I heard, you had retired." This voice, it confused Faye considering that she hasn't met Gerard before.