Chapter 41

Silence.

Silence filled the bedroom. I opened my eyes because the silence had actually woke me up, and I tossed over and Blake wasn't anywhere in sight. I raised an eyebrow tiredly, slowly getting up. I started walking, and surprisingly, it didn't hurt. I smiled mentally, blinking softly and rubbing my eyes.

After I put on my jeans, I went downstairs and I saw Blake talking on the phone. He was leaning up against the DVD collection shelf, and he was smiling while he was talking. As soon as he looked up and saw me witnessing his beautiful existence, he quickly smiled a sexy smile and shifted his eyes back straight ahead.

"I'll uh...talk to you later. Kay?" He asked softly. I watched him for a few more seconds, wondering who he was talking to. "Yeah, yeah," He continued to say on the phone, "Bye." He hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked with a small smile.

"No one. Uh...did you sleep well last night?" He asked with a crooked smile. His eyes shined for a second.

I smiled slowly, "Um...yeah."

He slowly started to approach me, and as soon as he was about to kiss me, the doorbell rung. We both turned to it in curiosity. Blake walked over to the door while I just stood there. As soon as he opened it, I heard Elaine's voice. My heart skipped a beat in aggravation.

"You have anyone here dude?" I heard him say.

"Uh..." Blake glanced from the door to look at me, and then he turned back outside the door. I poked my bottom lip out and made my way over to a couch, sitting down and grabbing a random magazine that Blake must've been reading before I woke up. "Come on in, actually," He muttered, glancing at me again and giving me that look. As if he were trying to tell me something, like 'try and be nice or don't even acknowledge him'. I mentally nodded and shifted my eyes to a random picture of Jessica Alba.

Elaine walked in. His blonde hair swept over his face, and his blue eyes shimmered. He wore a v-neck shirt and jeans and white vans. I watched him as he glanced at me and quickly looked away. I didn't roll my eyes or anything. Instead, I turned back to the magazine to continue reading the article on Jessica.

"I actually thought you'd be alone. Denny stayed over?" Elaine asked. I shifted an eyebrow, and he quickly glanced at me and watched Blake. Somewhere in his face expression, I could tell there was a hint of realization.

"Yeah, she stayed over." Blake was being honest.

"She slept in the guest room or something?" Elaine asked, half chucking at the same time. Blake's eyes shined for a moment and then he nodded. "Oh," Elaine huffed out. He glanced at me again and turned to the DVD shelf, staring at it. Blake stared at him, while I closed the magazine and stood up.

"Blake, can I go home now?" I suddenly asked.

"Why?" He asked.

"You want me to go home because I'm here, right?" Elaine asked me.

"No." I told him truthfully. I really did think it was time for me to go home. I mean, I haven't brushed my teeth, my hair's probably a mess, and I really need a shower. Wait, what the crap? Why am I even answering to Elaine?

"You hate me. I totally get that, but what happened between you and I was last year. When are you going to get over it?" He asked me seriously. Blake stood within a distance, watching us with a weirded out face expression.

"What in the hell are you talking about?" I yelled at him. "I just want to go home! Why are you trying to argue with me?"

Elaine started messing with his fair, as if he were frustrated. "I'm not, I just want you to stop hating me!"