Chapter 29: Goodbye Cake For A GoodbyeParty.

Hannah.

Back home, it's been like a crazy house with everyone running around as if they have their own heads cut off. There's been packing, unpacking, more packing, and making lists after lists of things to bring and things that need to get done in a week before they all leave for tour.

Since they've been all excited and getting things done, well, trying to anyways, I've been trying to distract myself and bury myself in my books and school work. It's just depressing, you know, when your best friend is leaving with his best friends that you've come to know and you're constantly thinking about them leaving and you're getting more and more upset during the day.

"Hey Hannah?" I looked up from my textbook, where I was busy sketching some stupid doodle within my science notes, to see Haylee staring at me from her seat.

"Yeah?" I realized I sounded snappy, but right now, with all my emotions going on at once, I didn't care.

"Are you going to be at Austin's party tonight?" She asked cautiously as she flipped her long bleached hair over her shoulder.

"Well, considering I live there.. Yes, I'm pretty sure ill make it." The bell rang and I slapped my notebook shut to collect my things as Haylee nodded and walked away awkwardly.

Party?! What party!?! I chucked my backpack over my shoulder and briskly walked out into the messy hallway, past my fifth period class, and out to the student parking lot and to my car. "What party? How is it I live in a house where I know nothing that's going on inside of it!" I grumbled to myself as I slammed my door shut behind me and sat in the quiet.

When my anger and my breathing was under control, I pulled out my phone and called Austin, grumbling about how he better answer or I'll run him over with my car.

"AYE! Hannah, Flannah, Mannah!" He was loud and cheerful in my ear piece and I cringed at the noise. "Aren't you suppose to be in-" He paused, checking something. "Fifth period?"

"Doesn't matter at this point, it's not like I can concentrate anyway.." I grumbled and the bell echoed faintly in the parking lot, letting all the late students know that they should be holed up in their classes. "But I have a question." I cleared my head and the anger sparked back up inside, like striking a quick match. "Are you throwing a party at home tonight that I wasn't told about until just now when Haylee brought it up in class, ASKING IF I WAS GOING!?" I yelled as my hand clenched the steering wheel until my knuckles turned from pale to paper white.

Austin's voice choked, and he cleared his throat, sounding like a chain smoker, before he finally spoke through the laughter of his friends, and now soon to be touring together, band mates in the background. "Y- yeah? I thought I told you about it the other night when everyone was over?" He sounded nervous, and I knew he felt like shit, so, of course, I started to feel like shit too.

"No, you didn't, and it would have been nice to know that when I get home, I only get a few hours to myself before almost the whole school comes over." I groaned. "What's this thing for anyway? Does Daddy C know about it?"

He scoffed now and I could tell from my own echo that he'd put me on speakerphone now. "Yeah he knows! He thought it would be an awesome idea since we're all leaving. This is the band's goodbye party!" Alan cried into the phone happily, making the phone sound like static in my ear. Damn gingers sometimes..

The knot that was in my tummy before recoiled at the mention of tonight being a goodbye party. It made me feel so vulneratble, like soon, I'll be on my own. I bit my lip, trying to contain the dangerous emotion threatening to spill out and over into a never ending abyiss.