Chapter 42: AnonymousxX

Hannah.

"Let's go! Everybody, up, up, up!" I was smoothering my face into the pillow in front of me, trying to ignore Grandma, and catching a few more snores before the cycle. She, was having NONE of it.. "Hannah Nicole! Let's go! We have a lot to do today!" I could hear her rummaging around my room, picking up the dirty clothes I'd started leaving out, and tossing them in the hamper. "Han!" She sing- songed as she started pulling open my curtains and then walking towards me.

I groaned deeply in response, pulling all the hot blankets over me, not even caring as long as she left me alone for a few minutes longer. Please! I begged in my head, as she sat and rubbed my back gingerly. Just.. GO!

"Hannah.." She sighed and started patting the place between my shoulder blades. "You have to get up, if you get up now.. I won't make you take your medicine today..?" She sounded hopeful that I'd wake up, and you can bet, I popped right up from the covers.

No pills? What's the catch? I turned to her and began rubbing the sleep from my swollen eyes. "Why? What are we doing?" I muttered, trying not to let too much hope in.

"We have to go buy your school books, and do LOTS of school supples shopping. We should be out all day, and I know those meds make you tired." She shrugged. "I figured you'd want to be up and about today."

I nodded, agreeing, and looked back at her small frame. "Sure, I guess. But I thought Jeanette already had all her school stuff?"

Grams smiled and brushed my hair with her fingertips, like she'd use to when I was younger. "I was talking about you Han.. I've enrolled you back in school." She let her hand fall as my body stiffened and she tried holding my eyes with hers. "Hey.. Hey, I think it'll be good for you. You can see some old frieds again, maybe make some new ones.. It's never too late hun. Plus, you haven't been very active on your online schooling, and technically, that was the deal.." She shrugged and let her hands fall to her sides limply. "Maybe this'll help with.. Everything."

Funny, her trying to clump my "situation" into one whole mess of, "everything." I started chewing my top lip, knowing it was a pet peeve of hers, and that it hurt me, but not caring at all. I'm going back to school. She DOES realize that was the place I first met Austin right? The first time I met all the guys, the ones who swooped me into their group and let me into their homes and took me on that amazing journey that I wanted to relive forever and ever..? She remembers all that, right?

I watched her, dumbfoundedly, and she finally got up, feeling what I assumed was, discomfort, at my gaze. "Just, get dressed, OK? I'll come back up to check on you after I make some food." She nodded, and went across the hall to Jeanette's room to wake her up about the same way.

I listened in on her hushed, sweet tones with Jeanette, and I took the opportunity to fling myself back onto my bed with a, puftt, from the impact on my pillows, and cringe with the thoughts of school. My senior year, and instead of letting me finish out online, which seemed slim to me now anyways, I'm getting sent back, to that God awful school, that did nothing but give me panic attacks on the steps.

I took a few deep breaths, as instructed in Therapy, and after counting almost fifty of the little popcorns on my ceiling, rolled out of bed slowly, and fumbled around my room for something breezy to wear.

I could feel the heat coming in through my window, and as I was looking through my drawers for a pair of jean shorts, I swear everything felt like slow motion to me. What is going on with today? Maybe a side effect of not taking my meds?