#25: Percy

Year Two
"I'm so happy!" Skye said as she skipped onto the train with her trolley on Platform 9 3/4. "I can't wait to go see Hannah and Justin -well, not really him- and- and.."
"Adam?" Fate said smirking.
"Oh come on, you miss Draco too," Skye teased.
Fate stuck her nose in the air. "I do, in fact. Anyway, where should we-"
"Hey, Fate!" a voice called. The girls turned to see the one and only Percy Jackson board the train.
"Hey, Percy," Fate said. "What are you doing, exactly?"
"Percy?" Skye asked, bewildered. "As in Percy Jackson?"
"Yup!" Percy said with a grin. "You must be Skye, right? Fate mentioned you a couple of times. Anyway, Fate, Nico said to give you this." He held about a bag.
Fate took it and tentatively opened it. "Drachmas?" she asked, confused. "I already packed a lot, and then some more. Also, Skye packed an entire bagful in her trunk."
Percy shrugged. "Extra precautions. Well, it's best I get going-"
"All aboard!" Someone called from the loudspeaker. The doors to the train suddenly slammed shut, and it started slowly chugging along, away from Platform 9 3/4. Along with Percy Jackson.
"Uh... Excuse me!" Percy called, running to the front. All of the students looked up at the boy, confused at why he was here when this train was specifically for students.
The lady who was pushing the trolley for the candy heard Percy's cry for help. She quickly walked over, thinking it was just a regular first year, having trouble with their trolley or something small.
Boy, was she wrong. "Er... Hi," Percy said, scratching the top of his head. "Is there any way at all that I can leave this train?"
For a few moments, the lady was silent. Then, she composed herself. "Well," she said, "Since this train is going very quickly- I don't know how fast exactly, so don't ask- so I highly doubt that not only we could stop it, but turn it around and make all of that effort just to drop of one boy who accidentally stepped on when he was saying goodbye to his siblings."
Percy sighed and jammed his fists into his pockets. "I'm okay with being a little delayed, but will I be able to get back home?"
The lady smiled. "Of course! Dumbledore will take you back."
"Thank you," Percy said. "Now, since all we can do is wait, how about we go sit down?"
"That's a good idea," Fate said. "Let's go."
They found an empty compartment, and the girls pushed their trolleys in and sat down.
Percy sat down as well, but for only a few minutes until he started to pace. "How long is this train ride? I'm getting very impatient."
Skye laughed. "It's going to take a while."
Fate grunted. "Just go to sleep. That helped Skye last year, didn't it?" The Hufflepuff nodded vigorously in assurance.
Percy sighed and stretched out on one of the seats. "Wake me up if anything happens." He mumbled. Soon, he was fast asleep.
"Huh," Skye said, tilting her face so that it was the same angle as his. "He does drool in his sleep."
• • •
Percy woke up only slightly before the train was pulling into Hogwarts, so the group had time to form a plan. "Who will I be?" Percy asked. "I know you're not eager to explain your godly Greek blood to your principal."
"First of all," Skye said, "Dumbledore is our headmaster. Second, while you were asleep, Fate and I decided that you'll pretend to be my cousin from my 'muggle' side, since I consider myself to be a half-blood in wizarding terms. Just say our dads are brothers, okay?"
Percy did a double thumbs-up. "Great! Will I have a different name, like Patrick Jenkins? Or Peter Johnson?"
Fate just looked at him. "Nope. Nobody in Hogwarts will know the name 'Percy Jackson' besides us. You can use your real name."
Before Percy could respond, they heard the kids getting off of the train. The group rose to leave and awkwardly shuffled in with he other students, Percy getting lots of looks from them. "Let's get to this Dingledore guy ASAP," Percy said. "I hate all of these people looking at me funny."
Skye snorted. "Did you just call our headmaster 'Dingledore'?" She shared a look with Fate, and they both bursted into laughter. Percy turned bright red.
"Anyway," Fate said, "we'll have to sit through The Sorting and Welcoming Feast."
"What's that stuff?" Percy asked. "Although, I do like the sound of this feast thing."
Fate sighed. "Come on. Don't want to attract even more attention by being late, now do we?"
• • •
After Percy sat with Skye through the Sorting and Welcoming Feast (Percy thought the feast to be similar to Camp Half-blood's meals, but he was disappointed he couldn't choose his drink) the girls and Percy went up to Dumbledore. When he saw Percy, he did a double-take.
"And who might this be?" The headmaster said, looking over at the demigod.
Skye spoke up. "This is my muggle cousin, Percy Jackson. He got on the train by accident to give me something, and it took him along with us. Is there anyway he can get back?"
Dumbledore smiled. "Of course. Percy, please come with me. Skye, would you like to say goodbye to your cousin?"
"Bye, Percy," Skye said awkwardly, waving. Fate smiled and waved as well.
"See ya, cousin," Percy replied with a smirk, following Dumbledore.
"Now," Fate said, turning to Skye, "let's go to our houses. Percy will be okay. I think."
"If he doesn't accidentally reveal who he is," Skye said.
"Of course," Fate said. "Percy would never do anything of the such."