ч | мeeтιɴɢ.

ч | мeeтιɴɢ.

I was silent on the way to Uncle Lorenzo's house. I wondered what he was like. Was he still the insane, evil man who tortured my father and tried to rape my mother?

I had no clue.

Mom had told me about the letter, but I couldn't help but think that it wasn't true. Maybe by kidnapping Monae, he thought that Mom would come back to him?

"Master Ramiro, are you okay?"

I looked back at Charles, nodding. "Just..thinking."

"Ramiro, let me tell you something."

I looked at Dad, who had his hands firmly on the steering wheel. He glanced at me, "Lorenzo and I..aren't very friendly with each other. He'll try to push my buttons, and try to push yours too. I want you to stay calm. Don't go turning in a bull over there."

"Dad, I know how to-"

"No, you don't. Let's not start talking about the way you tear up those little boys who say two words to your sister. Now, listen. Lorenzo's not afraid to shoot you, I promise you that."

I sighed, "Okay, Dad."

It was a few hours before we made it to Lorenzo's home. When we drove up, Dad stopped at the gate, and pressed a button to let us inside. The black, tall iron had his initials written in gold. It moved aside, allowing Dad to drive through. He pulled into the round driveway, where several limos where parked, each of them either white or black, even silver.

Now I understood what Mom meant by over the top.

I knew I wanted to live like this, but Dad told me to work for it, the legit way. "There ain't gonna be any drug selling, because my enemies become your enemies," he told me.

Dad turned the engine off, and I got out of the car, looking at the house in amazement. His home was built for a King. It looked like a mission, or a villa, the home made of sandy colored brick, the accents being a gunmetal tone. To contrast, the roof was a vibrant blue, almost a turquoise, but it seemed to bring everything together.

I followed behind Charles to the door- well doors. He rang the doorbell, and a pleasant chime rang through the house. The door began to open, and I almost choked.

A little girl ran into me, hugging me tightly. She had her hair in colorful barrettes, and gentle face. She smiled at me, showing her lack of two front teeth. For a little girl, she had a tight grip.

"Denise, you just can't do that!"

Looking up, I almost choked again.

Mom was right. Dad and Lorenzo were twins. Lorenzo stood at the door, smiling at us. The only difference between Dad and Lorenzo was the eyes. Lorenzo's were a vibrant green, while Dad's were brown, but one of them was glazed over.

"Big brother! What do I owe this visit for?"

"It's about my family, Lo."

Lorenzo looked at me, "God damn, what are you feeding this boy?!"

I smirked.

"Well come on in, we can talk at the dinning table."

Denise wouldn't let move, so I picked her up, carrying her inside. "That's my daughter. Adorable, hm?"

I nodded. "She's cute."

"I adopted her, from a bad family setting. Now she's just like any other little girl. It's a shame that she's mute."

We sat at the table, and she was intent on sitting in my lap. She had a coloring book on the table, and some crayons off to the side. Denise picked up a blue crayon, and pointed to the bee's wings. I accepted the crayon from her, and began to color the wings for her.

"So what is this visit for?"

Dad sighed, "My daughter's been kidnapped, Lo."

Lorenzo growled, "By who?"

"That's the thing, I don't know.."

"You have any clues?"

"Well, all we know is minor details.." Charles mumbled.

"We had an argument and she bolted. I ran after her, and this van basically appeared out of nowhere and snatched her up. I tried to run after the van, but it was too fast," I nodded.

Lorenzo stood up, and Denise gave me another crayon. I colored the next picture with her, this one being a bear, sleeping with a jar of honey next to it. For a little girl, she sure could color good. I remember not being able to color in the lines at all.

One of Lorenzo's maids walked in, handing Denise a juice box. She handed it to me, a soft smile appearing on her face. "I can have it?" I asked.

She nodded in response, and I shrugged. Dad gave me a weird look as I started to drink it, but a drink is a drink, shit.

I bounced Denise on my lap gently, and she seemed to enjoy it. Lorenzo snapped, and the maid from earlier brought Denise another juice box.

"What do you suppose we do to start?" Dad asked.

"Well, first we need more information, snoop around. Think about your enemies.."

"There's several, bro-"

"The ones you didn't murder. RC, Thompson.."

"Santiago."

Lorenzo rested back in his chair, "I thought you killed him?"

"Mm mm..do you think Santiago would kidnap Monae?"

He sighed, "It all depends on what you owe him."

Dad sighed.

"I just hope he doesn't hurt her.."