epilogue ▿ mending all wounds.

epilogue

               ▿ mending all wounds.  

                                              ̲4̲̲ ̲̲y̲̲e̲̲α̲̲r̲̲ѕ̲̲ ̲̲l̲̲α̲̲т̲̲e̲̲r̲̲.̲̲.̲ 

Aaliyah placed the pan in the over, setting it to the appropriate time. She was finishing up her last minute cooking, before the family arrived. The house would be packed, almost everyone was coming over. Aaliyah's parents, Monae and Dante, and Ramiro and Diana, and Ramiro's brother, and his daughter, Denise. In the dining room, Romelo was setting the table. He placed the cream colored plates on the red table mats, he also fixed the red tablecloth, making sure it was up to Aaliyah's standards. Everything had to be perfect for her. She wouldn't accept anything less.

It was Christmas time, and everyone was coming back home for their annual Christmas dinner. Red, green and white decorations were all over the house, a large Christmas tree decorated with ornaments over in the corner of the living room. Indoor Christmas lights decorated the banister, and several other places around the house. Aaliyah and Romelo loved to have everything festive around the holidays, and the kids did too. 

When he walked into the kitchen, Aaliyah was preparing drinks. He stopped her, kissing her cheek. "They aren't here yet, baby.." He told her, making her sigh. "I know, but these are my babies! They're all grown up and I just want to make sure that everything is perfect for them!" Aaliyah looked up at him, to which he chuckled. She always stressing herself out around the holidays, when she didn't need to. The kids were grown, and they would appreciate it if she took a break every once in a while. 

"You're their mother. They think everything you do is perfect! Don't push yourself so hard," he pecked her lips, turning her around. Romelo lifted her up on the counter, kissing her slow and soft. Aaliyah rubbed her hands up and down his chest, smiling into the kiss. He grabbed her hands, ending the short kiss.

"Later," he licked his lips, "then I'll have your undivided attention."

She nodded, and he pecked her lips, just as the door rang. "I'll get it, I'll get it!" Cayla screeched, running into the door, rushing to the door. She was wearing a pretty, pink dress, and had her hair in cute braids. She was now six years old, and was beginning to look just like Aaliyah. She had that excited personality, much like Romelo's, and was a major Daddy's Girl. 

"Uncle!" Cayla chimed, pulling Lorenzo into the house, already climbing up on him. Denise followed in after him, holding a few gifts. Denise had grown to be a pretty young lady, most of the time so quiet and reserved. She enjoyed being around Cayla, as she didn't have any siblings to spend her time with. Lorenzo hugged Cayla tightly, "Merry Christmas, CC!" She giggled as he put her don, shaking her head, "It's not Christmas yet, Uncle!" Denise couldn't help but smile at Cayla, and she placed the gifts under the tree. Cayla and Denise disappeared, Cayla wanting to play before dinner. 

"So how's the little one," Lorenzo asked, taking a seat at the counter. He began to dig in the bowl of chocolate's before him, but Romelo slapped his hand. "After dinner, little brother. Anyway, Cayla's just fine," he smiled, "Denise?" Lorenzo sighed, rubbing his temples. "Her little eighth grade prom is coming up," he told him, "I think she wants to go with this little boy in her class." Romelo's lips parted into a grin, "What's the problem? Monae went with a boy in her class." Lorenzo closed and opened his eyes, "The "little" boy I'm talking 'bout ain't so little. He looks like a grown ass man. Mustache and everything. I don't like him." 

Romelo laughed, "Have you talked to Denise about it? Maybe the kid isn't that bad." 

Lorenzo rolled his eyes, "You're no fucking help." 

Aaliyah came behind him, slapping his head. "You better watch your mouth, Renzo." She took a pan off the counter, exiting the room to go set the food on the table. Ramiro and Diana arrived next, with gifts for the tree as well. "Where's Monae and Dante?" Ramiro inquired, taking a seat on the couch. He pulled Diana into his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist. Once Ramiro graduated college, the Atlanta Police scooped him up. He dealt with narcotics and drug usts. Diana didn't like it, but Ramiro refused to quit. A few weeks after Monae and Dante's wedding, Ramiro proposed to Diana, and they were trying for a baby.