fourty - four - end. - forever.

fourty - four  

          - end.

                      - forever. 

"Okay, baby girl. I'll give you your little dream wedding." 

I pleaded for a year and a half for Daddy to let me marry Dante, but after a series of no's, eventually he gave in. You couldn't understand how happy I was. I was going to get to marry the one who my heart belonged to, and no one could change that. My heart belonged to him, and only him, just like his heart belonged to me. Daddy only said that he was going to let me marry him when I was a sophomore in college, and that I had my head on right. My senior year returning back to school, I graduated as Valedictorian, and I got a scholarship to UCLA and UGA, but I decided to stay closer to home. 

Dante was now twenty-two, and I was twenty. Amir was a year and a half, and was a very smart boy. He wasn't depending on me for almost everything, he was learning how to get things on his his own. He was the spitting image of Dante now, his hair beginning to get that nappy effect like Dante's. But we keep it in braids, so it's manageable. While I was in class, Amir was at home with Dante, but if Dante had to work, Amir was taken care of by Mom. Daddy had his on company, he sold security systems, and Dante worked there too, because they had such long rap sheets that McDonald's wouldn't hire them. So making their own company was the closest idea. They sold alarm systems like it was nothing; lasers, actual security guards, you name it, they had it. August Alarms was very well known around town. 

There was only a few days left until the wedding, and I was freaking out. Dante said that everything was ready, but I didn't really believe him, so I went behind him, making sure all the preparations were really done. I wanted everything to be perfect, and if it wasn't, I think I was going to lose my mind. I didn't look through and circle items in bridal magazine for over a year for nothing now. We still had a few things to decide, like, the flavor of the cake, and who was going to sit with who after the reception. Some parts of Mom and Dad's family didn't like each other, so we definitely couldn't sit some of them together. And then we had to figure out which of our friends could sit together. I didn't have many people to invite, but Dante was Mr. Popular at work. I had invited Brandon to come, as he as the best friend that I've ever had. He went to study abroad for college, and he promised me that he would be here for the wedding.

Dante and I were getting maried in less than a week, and the days were narrowing down like it was nothing. 

"Okay, here he is!"

Looking up from the computer, Mom walked in with Amir, holding his hand. I smiled, looking at Amir. "Oh, you're so cute!" I cooed, getting up, setting my laptop of the table. Amir was in his little tuxedo, and he had a purple bow tie to go along with it. I wanted to see if it fit him, because I didn't want to buy another tuxedo in such short notice. Amir smiled at me, and I kissed his forehead, kneeling down to him. "You're going to be the cutest little ring bearer anyone's ever going to see." Amir hugged me, and I looked at Mom. "Now please get him out of his before he decides to go make a mess," I laughed. She rolled her eyes, smiling at me. I watched her as she took Amir's hand, leaving the room with him to get him changed back into his regular clothes. I pulled my laptop back into my lap, scrolling down the web page. 

I was looking at sashes, for the tables and chairs. We had already gotten what color the tables and chairs were going to be; a soft, cream color. I already had a few choices, like a pastel green, or gold.. Who knew that sashes came in such a variety of colors? Obviously, I didn't. I heard the garage door, a muffled rumbling sound. Dante came through the door, as well as Daddy. Dante came over, and kissed my forehead.