9 | ѕυяριѕε..﹖

9 | ѕυяριѕε..﹖

I couldn't believe it, but a whole month had passed. I had been on edge lately, ever since our plan to get Monae failed.

Dad spent late nights in the basement doing God knows what, and Mom was seriously worried about him.

"Romelo, please come to bed.." She pleaded, knocking on the door. I stood by her, and took her hand. "Mom, don't worry about Dad. I'm sure he's fine.."

She looked at me, tears in her eyes. "He hasn't came out of there in days!" Mom exclaimed, knocking on the door again. "At least move something so I know you're okay.."

There was silence for a moment, but then there was a sound, like a table being moved. Mom sighed, placing her hand on the door.

I could tell this whole thing was taking a toll on their marriage. Mom and Dad weren't talking like they used to; Mom mostly spent her nights being awake, watching the news closely, just in case they broke with a story on Monae. Dad..he spent his nights in that basement.

They were beginning to grow apart; it didn't take a professional to see it. Mom needed him, just as much as Dad needed her. They moments that they did spend together seemed..forced, like they were just doing it for me. I didn't like it, but I couldn't even get them in the same room to talk to them about it.

Mom ran her hand through my hair, pulling me into her chest. "You're growing up, Miro," she sighed, "I notice it more and more everyday..I'm sorry that you have to go through this.."

I shook my head, looking up at her.

"No Ma, I'm sorry you have to go through this."

I released from the hug, going to my room, laying in the bed. I crossed my arms behind my head, sighing. I felt a small tug on my leg, and I rose up, seeing Denise standing at the edge on my bed. Denise was staying the week over the house, as she had become so attached to me.

I realized, she was just like Monae in some ways. When Monae was a kid, she would stick to me, just like Denise. I remember going to bathroom, and Monae insisting that she went with me.

I know we had our fights, but I'd give anything to have her back home.

Denise crawled up on my bed, snuggling into my side. She brought her skinny leg over my torso, and I rubbed her back. She started to snore, and I grinned, closing my eyes.

"Good night to you too, Denise."

When I woke up in the morning, I had to help Denise get ready. Lorenzo was coming to pick her up and take her home, and she was excited to see her Daddy. I was tired, but Mom told me that I could sleep after Denise left. He was handling some business, and I heard him telling Mom that they were going to Disneyland.

I picked her dolls, placing them in her pink suitcase.

Mom had did her hair real nice and pretty. She put it in some curls, and Denise was feeling herself, really. She stood in front of me, smiling.

"Yes, you look cute," I grinned at her.

The doorbell rang downstairs, and Mom entered the room. "Denise sweetie, Daddy's here!"

I handed Denise her suitcase, and she literally flew out of my room. I could hear the wheels of the suitcase against the hardwood floors, and then the alarm for the front door.

Finally, I could watch my own television.

"Okay sweetie, you can sleep now."

I fell back on my bed, looking at Mom. Something was different about her..she looked like she was glowing. I've been watching her for a while, but I can't quite put my finger on what's happening. Dad said I wasn't as observant as I should be, and I guess what he said was true.

"Could you make me some pancakes?" I asked.

"Why?"

"Because, I'm your only son, that's why," I smirked, sitting up to look at her. She rolled her eyes, and placed her hand against her stomach.

"You can make your own-"

Mom covered her mouth, and heaved over, throwing up on my carpet. I hopped out of the bed, and came over to her. "Mommy, you okay?" I questioned. She nodded, putting her hand to stop me in my tracks.

"Just a little stomach virus, I swear-"

She threw up again in that same spot, this time, dropping to her knees.

I opened my mouth to call for Dad, but he was already there, standing behind her. He pulled her hair back, and sighed.

I raised my eyebrows.

"What the heck is going on-"

"You have a right to know, Ramiro.." Mom began, looking up at me.

"Mom.." I bit my lip.

"There's going to be a new addition to the family," Dad grinned, "your Mom's pregnant."

My mouth dropped open.

(AN: Picture of Dante on the side :) You guys wsnt another chapter tonight or no?)