б | ɢσɴє. ρт. Ι.

б | ɢσɴє. ρт. Ι.

They sent me upstairs to get snacks.

Snacks.

Like, I'm almost a grown man, I should be able to take part in the plan! Monae is MY sister, and I feel like I can help! But instead, I was simply listening to them.

"Mom, do we have any alcohol?" I asked, coming up the steps.

"Daddy's making a plan, huh?" Mom giggled, opening the fridge.

I passed by Denise, who was sitting on the floor in front of the tv, her eyes practically glued to the screen. It was some episode of Spongebob, and Patrick was being an idiot like usual. I came by the fridge, and Mom opened it, and took out three beer bottles, and some soda for me. "I'm just sitting there," I grumbled, "I want to help."

Mom kissed my nose, caressing my face. "Trust me, you will. They just might need you for something important," she cooed.

"But right now, I'm on fucking snack duty," I sighed, opening the bottle of Coke. Mom smiled, and moved towards the oven. Lately, she's been much more..happy. I think it's because of that we've started making steps to finding Monae. But I honestly never know with her..she might be pregnant, for all I know..

When she was pregnant with Monae, I remember her making cookies, cupcakes, cakes..and anything I asked for, as well. Mom pulled the oven door down, and a sweet scent seduced my senses. "What's that?"

"Cupcakes!" She cheered.

"Can I have-"

"Miro, where are them snacks?"

Dad passed by Denise, and patted her head. "Right here," I handed him a bag of chips. "Come on, we need you back down there."

"For me to be your snack boy?" I growled.

Dad stopped, cutting his eyes at me. He didn't like when I got an attitude with him. When I was a kid, it had earned me plenty of ass whoopings. But now, it's different. A few times, we've had an actual fist fight, and once, Monae and Mom literally had to jump on our backs to get us to stop. They were both in tears, and like the softies we were, we both apologized.

I felt a hard squeeze to my lower half, and I looked down at Denise. She gave me a big smile, and handed me a sheet of paper. It was the drawing from her coloring book, that bee. I smiled, "Thanks, Dee."

She took a liking to her little nickname.

"Miro wants to help, baby.."

"Miro needs to pay attention, first."

Mom wrapped her arms around his waist, looking up at him. "Please? It's his baby sister..let him help, please," she begged, "pretty please?"

Dad rolled his eyes, "Aaliyah."

"Please, Romelo! Let him help! I promise, Ramiro's gonna listen and pay attention so well.."

He sighed, "You said the same thing when you sent him to school. He didn't even make it half the day, Ramiro was expelled by lunch time because he broke that boy's nose."

I grinned.

One of my more..defining moments as a child.

"But this is different! Please, Ro-Ro? Pretty please?" Mom batted her eyelashes, and Dad gave in.

"Fine, don't call me that in front of the boy, jeez. I'm a man."

"But you're still my Ro-Ro!" She giggled, leaning up to kiss his lips.

He couldn't help but smile.

Dad placed his hands on my shoulders, and sighed. "You want to help find your sister?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows.

I nodded, "I'll do anything."

"Alright, but you can't be reckless. Reckless will get you an eye like this," he pointed to his glazed over eye, "and it won't be your brother. If he's crazy enough, he'll probably take your eye."

I bit my lip, and my vision shifted towards Mom. She nodded taking his spot, "That's right, sweetie. You know how after every fight you have, I fix you up?"

I nodded.

"I can't fix a lost leg or a lost eye. I want you to come back how you left, alright? So please, Ramiro..listen to your father. He wouldn't lead you wrong," Mom nodded, and kissed my cheek.

"So you still want to help find her?"

I looked at Mom and Dad, and nodded.

"She's my little sister. I have to save her."