There Was Music

Castiel:

You were stood in the small kitchen area of the motel you were staying in, it wasn't a luxury you had often, actually you were lucky if you managed to find one with a small counter, a coffee maker or a tiny fridge.

This room, however, had near enough a whole freaking kitchen at your disposal and you were definitely taking advantage of the plug in duel-ringed stove that came with the room or that someone left behind, either way you weren't complaining.

So there you were, cooking up some luxury-to-a-hunter breakfast to indulge in that morning.

A rare occurrence where you barely spent two dollars on breakfast, as opposed to the usual seven or so at a diner.

To add some entertainment to the morning you'd decided to stick on the radio that was nestled in the corner of the counter, rather than putting the TV on and listening to the depressing news that'd no doubt ruin your pleasant mood, at least with the local radio you'd have songs to accompany the fall of the economy.

Just as you noticed a change in one of the ingredients, showing that it was beginning to take its final delicious form, you recognised the opening chords that had started to crackle through the speakers.

It was a song you had heard during many drives to and fro and at some point the lyrics became more personal than you'd care to admit.

They started to bring your favourite angel to mind, of how his mere presence would make your whole day by simply turning up.

How you wanted nothing more than to unleash everything on him, to confess the truth and never let him go.

~I'm not denying, we're flying above it all.~

"Hold my hand, don't let me fall....you've such amazing grace, I've never felt this way," you smiled as you found yourself crooning along, even swaying a little to the music as you cooked, the beat taking you over just a little. "Oh, show me heaven, cover me...leave me breathless."

Flashes of Castiel danced in your head as the song continued on, images of the moments you cherished between you both, from the mundane to more serious ones.

The developments within your relationship that you hoped would lead to more someday.

Memorie you would remember and hold precious forever, one that made hunting that little bit easier.

"Oh, show me heaven, babe."

Crowley:

Crowley's eyebrow twitched a little as another howl came from the hallway outside his throne room.

He wouldn't have minded so much if it was his beloved Hellhound, that would at least be tolerable by means of affection.

Instead he had to deal with a particular demon standing guard outside.

A demon who had taken it upon themselves to serenade him from behind the door with a particularly annoying song, loudly and out of tune, on repeat.

"MR CROWLEEEYYYY!"

He visibly winced at the off key tune, it sending an unpleasant shudder down his spine.

"Will you shut up?!" He yelled out in annoyance.

The hallway quickly grew silent and he sighed in relief, rubbing his forehead to try and ease the throbbing that was building inside his temples.

Crowley muttered to himself about being surrounded by annoying morons, not that he really had anyone but himself to blame.