The Break is Over - Request

Castiel:

Your leg bounced as you wait, although only seconds had passed it felt so much longer.

To say you were anxious was an understatement and your mind raced as you leaned forward on the bed with you fingers entwined.

The four week beak you'd taken had worked wonders in helping you clear your head and decide just what you wanted.

After much thought, you had decide that perhaps you were a little harsh on Castiel.

With all things considered it would make sense that he'd just follow your lead, he didn't know the steps to take in a relationship or when the best time for certain things were.

You hadn't told him clearly that this was more than a sex thing, that you had legitimate feelings for him and then you left him alone and probably still none the wiser on what happened.

So you'd found the last 'luxurious' motel room that you could afford to sleep in for your last night before returning to hunting, settled down and attempted to summon Castiel.

You waited in nervous anticipation to hear that small flutter of wings and his deep, emotionless voice.

To say that you missed it would have also been an understatement.

The sound you'd been waiting for made your heart skip a few beats when it came from behind you on the opposite side of the bed.

"You called?"

A smile broke out on your face as you turned to face him, though it cracked a little when you saw the faintest look of hurt in his eyes.

"Yes," you nodded, trying not to look too overjoyed. "I wanted to say I'm sorry and that perhaps we should have a little talk."

Crowley:

There you stood in his office, him looking at you with that damned 'what?' expression.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Your jaw dropped a little as you stared at him, words of shock mixed with words of anger and it all came out mangled together in a strange garbled noise before you managed to form an understandable sentence.

"You really don't remember?"

"Can't say I do," he shrugged, leaning back on his throne and taking a sip of his favourite drink, looking as careless as ever.

"I've been gone for three and a half weeks! Didn't you wonder where I'd gotten to?"

Crowley stopped and frowned in thought for a second before shrugging again.

"No, I just enjoyed the silence."

Another choked sound escaped you.

You knew you shouldn't have been surprised that he didn't give a damn that you left, but a part of you at least hoped things would crash and burn a little without you.

As morbid as the thought was, you wanted Crowley to realise just how much you did for him and for him to feel your absence.

However, nothing seemed to have changed as you walked through Hell, demons were looking as frantic and kind of afraid for their lives as ever.

There was no fire, at least no more than usual, no souls running amuck after escaping and no wails of; "Why did they leave?!"

You let out a resigned sigh as your shoulders slumped, your head dropping to your chest.

"I guess I'll go and organise the new deals."

"That's the first smart thing you've said in a while."