Chapter 1

My name's May.

I go to East Ridge Highschool, where the popular kids have an excuse to be a b.itch or a.sshole. Why do I call them that? Because there's no good in them, they've bullied me for 3 years. I will never forget their witch like cackles and smirks when they heard I didn't have any parents, they found happiness in my pain. But screw that sh.it, I'm 18 now.. all of this will be over in a couple months, I just have to stop caring about what they say about me.. even if I have to fight back my tears.

Am I strong enough though.. ?

"Unnie, wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Jess with a nest as hair, piling up on her tiny body.

Does she comb her hair, at all?

The alarm then went off, it's ringing never shutting up.

"Alright, alright I'm getting up.." no matter how much I didn't want to go to school, I still got up, because I care about my education. Unlike most students there.

I got dressed and wore the nicest clothes I had.. which probably weren't much.

"I wish eomma and appa was here.." just the mention of my parents shook my heart a little, especially if Jess is the one to say it.

"Jess... let's not talk about them, they would want you to be happy." I smiled at Jess trying to brighten the gloomy mood that had taken advantage of my vulnerable sister.
___

"Unnie let's go!" Jess held onto my hand as I walked her to school, her tiny fingers laced with mine as we continued down the path.

When we arrived I leaned down to eye level ...and smiled at Jess. I couldn't tell what she felt, but I knew she was nervous.

"Jess... if there's anyone being mean to you, tell the teacher ok? Make friends alright? Now go on, goofball." I hugged her tight before giving her a thumbs up, as she walked into the school.

Now I was running to my school as if my life depended on it, ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit. My panting was audiable by the time I reached the door, I couldn't help but lean against the door as I tried catching my breath.

Entering the library was a fresh feeling, the new, minted books, and comics had hit me. I might sound weird, but I just really like libraries.. it's always so quiet. I smiled to myself, seeing only the librarian was here; this is my chance! I have waited months for the final book of a trilogy to come out. Originally the book was suppose to release in Korea first before the states, but I guess I had them mixed up. I really miss America, they always had everything.
___

"Yass! Thank goodness no one took it!" I cheekily smiled to myself, parading in silence.

After checking the comic out and putting the comic in my bag, I went over to one of my reading teachers and asked, "Mrs. Li? How many minutes before class?"

I'm pretty sure I have thirty minutes, but it never hurts to check.

"About 30 minutes, you should probably head to the cafeteria or main campus." She smiled.

"Why? The café doesn't open till 8."

"Oh..you haven't heard? The café opens early today, since it's the first day of school,"

How come I didn't know that?

"You didn't receive the texts from the student council?" I sadly shook my head... because the people who participate in the student council, are my bullies; and yet people voted for these so called 'role models'.