Prologue to 'To My Dearest Neighbor'

(re-write of 'My Enemy Next Door')^^
Coming Soon.

___

"WHAT IS HAPPINESS?"

"LOVE
a deep affection and connection with someone or something; in which one would do anything for the other with a full heart."

"EUPHORIA
when a person is so excited and happy they go into a state that is one level above happiness; we call it 'euphoria'."

"SERENDIPITY
an occurrence of many events that all lead up to a happy or beneficial way."

"Happiness is when your with someone you love, or maybe it's when you're high,"

They weren't smiling. But even if they have had a bad day, they still listened.

"When you're super excited for something, and your heart just flutters, that's also happiness."

The whole school was silent. They started forgetting everything that had went wrong in their day.

"Or when good things just keep happening to you."

Smiles. They all had it now.

"That's what happiness is to me."

She whispered.

Every single listener smiled as they took it all in. They did what made them happy, they loved themselves.

'But happiness eventually ends, so cherish it while it lasts.'

She held back from saying it. Even if her message was truly a facade in the end, it was better living in a world where everything was okay than the reality.

Things like this aren't real.

You can't always be happy.

You can't always be in love.

It's all fake, once you've read between the lines.

It's all fake love.