Ch. 15

An hour later, and Madonna had found Halt's illness. It was a very rare disease, developed over years and years. It originally came from Skandia, where Halt had visited many times in his life. Madonna said the disease was fatal, but luckily the cure was a simple potion to mix up. After that, she left to start making the cure.
To Will's surprise, Pauline suggested that everyone leave and give Halt and him some time alone. At first, he was greatful. But when he saw the letter sitting, opened on the table, his heart fell.
"Will Treaty," Halt's voice grumbled. Will lowered his head.
It didn't matter what age they were, Will's worst nightmare was disappointing his father figure. It seems his nightmare had come to life.
"I'm sorry, Halt." He said, not looking up. "I just...I couldn't let you... and people were saying you didn't have much a choice and I couldn't let that happen so I-"
Will broke off when he felt a hand fall on his shoulder. He looked up to see Halt with tears shining in his eyes as he looked at Will.
"I'm not dissapointed in you, Will." Halt said. He knelt down to face Will. "You saved my life."
Will dropped his head, but Halt moved into his sight.
"You saved my life again." He finished.
"Halt," Will said quietly. "You'll be fine. Madonna will make the cure and you can take it and get better."
Halt smiled and nodded. "Right."
Will took a shaky breath.
"Let's go find the others." He said. But Halt shook his head.
"Pauline and Gilan haven't slept decently in months. And Jenny has her diner and now me and Gilan to worry about. Let them be, they need rest."
Will didn't answer, but nodded. It was then that his exhaustion showed through.
He'd hidden it well from everyone until now. But as Halt talked about sleep, he couldn't help but long for a decent rest, knowing Halt would be fine. And Halt saw through his mask.
"I suppose it's only fit that ive kept you from sleep as well." He sighed. "Go and get some rest."
Will obeyed, leaving to find Tug and go home, to the little cabin in the woods.
Halt was okay. He would be fine. And Will could sleep.

Or could he?😈