Ch.18

Gilan sat in the chair by the infirmary bed. Again. His head was in his hands. And he was crying.
What had he told Halt? "Will knew how to take care of himself." He'd almost not gone to check on Will. And all the while, Will had been laying on the floor broken, bruised, and bleeding.
Gilan couldn't get Will's scream out of his head. The agony in his voice. He'd taken Will back to the infirmary and they had laid him down. Gilan had not moved since. And Will hadn't woken.
"Gilan?" A smooth voice asked. Gilan looked up, not bothering to dry his eyes. Jenny stood a few feet away, staring sadly at him.
"Jen," Gilan said in greeting. But he didn't hold her gaze. He didn't want her to see his tears or his broken heart. He looked away, to where Will was sleeping.
"Gilan." Jenny said again. She was direction above him now. She tilted his head up, and he was forced to look at her.
"The doctors said he would be fine." She said. Gilan pulled away, tears springing up again.
"No, Jenny. They didn't. They said he wouldn't die. He could have amnesia, he could be paralized, he may never wake up!"
Jenny flinched back and Gilan closed his eyes.
"I'm sorry," he said. When he opened his eyes, Jenny was face to face with him again. Despite his stress, his heart fluttered.
"Don't be," she said. Her breath smelled like cinimon. Gilan closed his eyes again.
"Jenny, I know I should be out there with the rest of you, but-"
"Gilan," her gentle voice soothed. It calmed Gilan, and he sighed. "Do what you feel like is best. But don't hurt yourself over this."
Gilan's eyes were still closed, but he felt Jenny's soft lips on his and he pressed back. Her hands strayed to his hair, and his to her face. Too soon, they pulled apart.
"Promise me," Gilan heard Jenny whisper.
"Promise you what?" Gilan asked, eyes still closed.
"Promise me that you won't blame yourself. Don't ruin your mind." She said. Gilan didn't answer, and after a while, Jenny's hands pressed into his chest.
"Promise me you'll come back to me." She said. Gilan opened his eyes and stared at Jenny. The girl he loved, the girl he would always love until the end of his days. He could not leave her.
"I promise." He said.
Jenny kissed his forehead and left the room, leaving Gilan alone once again.

Another short chapter. I added some Jilan/Genny (what's their ship name?!) For you all!😉 Also, I know the others are worried about Will, Halt particular, and I'll add that soon. But I really just wanted more Gilan right now because Gilan is bae.