Ch. 16

Will unsaddled Tug and began to rub him down.
"You did good, boy." Will said.
Tug snorted.
When do I not?
"Well, how about the time you ran off in the desert and I had to go find you?"
Not fair! That sand was practically blinding me! At least I was smart enough to find some people and stay alive, whereas you almost got yourself killed!
Will frowned but didn't respond.
That's what I thought.
"Alright, goodnight!" Will said, walking to his veranda. Behind him, Tug whinned. Will laughed and trudged inside, intending to grab an apple for his spoiled horse.
It didn't happen that way.
When will opened his creaky door, a shadow jumped. Will watched in shock and the man stared back at him. Too slowly, overcome with surprise and exhaustion, Will tried to reach for his bow.
But the man grabbed his wrist and twisted. A snap made Will cried out in agony. From the stable, Tug whinned again. Will dropped his right arm which was now useless and prepared to fight.
But the man was no longer in front of him. Behind him, his knees were kicked out and knocked the floorboard painfully. A foot slammed into his back and he was sent sprawling on his stomach. Before he could get up. Something cracked against his skull and blackness overtook him.

Short chapter. Very filling though😊