Chapter seven: Many happy returns

3 Years after she left her home and moved to the Chukclan, Kira is allowed to visit her old Clan and her family and friends, to finish her healer education. Her last year is for her to proof that she is able to use all the things she learned.

KIRA

I loved hunting trips with my brother, because I learned everything I know from him. I was really glad to be back at home. After 4 long years a lot of things have changed. But we both loved each other like it was yesterday. How could we not?! I missed him in the beginning and it was difficult for me to let him go. But I had to accept that I had to go. I wanted to be a warrior but it was my destiny to be healer. But my brother was a warrior now. One of the strongest the clan has. He was also a good hunter; fast, quick and had no mercy. We both were laying flat on the ground because there was a deer right in front of us. We never killed because of fun we did this so that we can survive. I laid an arrow in the spine and pulled back and took a deep breath, aimed and let go and shot directly in its eye. In its panic and pain It wanted to get up and run away but it stumbled and we we're a lot faster. Ramon jumped up, ran to the deer and cut through its throat. With a gurgling sound it stopped moving immediately.

He was slightly breathing faster than normally and looked up from the lifeless bloody animal.

"Good one sister, I see you haven't forgotten what I tought you ". He said proud. As he spoke I looked away too.

"Of course not! At the cuckclan I am one of those who go out hunting" I replied.

"So you have found your place among the healers than?"

"It took some time and it was difficult but indeed I have, but you can never learn enough and I didn't pass the ritual yet. And what about you? How far are you ?" I asked an eyebrow rised. I was really curious, even if I knew in general how far he must be. "Well I am finished with my training and will go out with the others to pay the Klarasclan a short visit, very soon" he said in a dark voice. My eyes went bigger as I understood what he just said.

"No you can't do that. We have lived among them without a fight, why change it now?"

"You know the story Kira, you know what they did, don't tell me that those healers killed the warrior in you!"

"No they did not but they taught me to be patient and don't act with rush. I will talk with the council about that, this can't be their final the decision! "

"Father agreed to it and he is also in the council "

He looked at me with anger sparkling in his eyes, a look I have only seen when he was fighting. But before he could say more we heard a shrill scream in the distance.

We looked at each other and the sparkle disappeared as fast it appeared, we both thought the same. This was no animal! This was one of us and from the sound I could tell that this might be her last scream. I turned my ears in the direction from where the wind comes.

The wind came from the east and so I spun around and grabbed Ramon at his arm and started to run.

Time jump again, I hope you don't mind but I thought that I needed to go on with the story. If you are intersted in more childhood stories let me know ;-) From here on it could take a while until the next chapter since there is a minor gap in the story which I have to figure out first. Hope you're all well

Flora