Chapter fivteen: Survival in the green

JAMES

Schon seit 2 Tagen lief ich umher. Ich hatte schon zwei Nächte hinter mir in denen ich mich auf Blättern welzend schlafen gelegt hatte. Obwohl das auch nicht wirklich zu traf, denn geschlafen hatte ich nicht viel. Wie auch?! Wenn einem andauernd Insekten um die Ohren summten oder man Angst haben musste von so einer Riesen Raubkatzen gefressen zu werden. Ganz zu schweigen von den vielen giftigen Tieren. Alles was ich wollte war aus dieser vermaledeiten, grünen Hölle heraus zu kommen. Ich hatte einen Teil der Karte unseres Navigators und versuchte der angegebenen Richtung zu folgen. Dass stellte sich jedoch nicht ganz einfach heraus, denn beinahe alles hier sah gleich aus!

I walked through the undergrowth and made my way through it with my saber. I did not come really far because my leg drove me mad. I sat on the next big stone and tore my trouser open. There was a hole from the arrow and it was bleeding. I took the bag from my back and took out the first aid package. Only now I noticed that there were only the basics and I regretted that I did not search for more when I had the chance. No sore powder, no ointments. I sight, so I had to work with what I got. I put some alcohol on my leg and my right shoulder. It burned like hell but I bit my teeth together and tied a bandage around it. I had nothing to sew it so the disinfectant alcohol and bandages had to suffice. There still was a dull pain that wouldn't go away the next few days but it was bearable, so I took the bag on my back again, got up and walked on.

I cut a big fern bush to the side and stumbled into a clearing. First, it seemed empty but then I saw something holding onto a tree. It seemed to be one of those wild ones. When I came closer I saw that It was female.

Now this is going to get interessting, I am looking forward to this as much as hopefuly you guys too :-)