Chapter 16

(Michaels POV)

I was nervous walking up to the theater because I didn't know what Luke told Jessie and Callie, I hope he didn't sell me out.

I sat down on a bench, waiting to see a pretty little blonde walk through the front doors. I hope she wasn't mad to the point that she wouldn't want me to take them home.

I passed the time by worrying, until I saw them.

Luke and Callie were hand in hand, and Jessie was walking on the other side of Callie.

She didn't look sad to me, she was laughing at some stupid thing Luke said. I knew it was stupid because Callie was rolling her eyes, but she had a grin on her face.

I wish I could be like Luke and hold Jessie's hand whenever I wanted.

I was so distracted by the thought of holding Jessie's hand, that I didn't realize she was wearing my idiot shirt.

My shirt, she was wearing my shirt. I totally forgot she borrowed it that night.

She had it tucked into high waisted shorts, and it was so big that she had the sleeves pushed all the way up her arms.

I probably had the douchiest smile on my face as I walked up to them, but I didn't care. Seeing her in my shirt made me feel that 'right' feeling again.

"Hey guys, heard you need a ride?" I directed towards Callie. I hope Luke actually clued her in or else she'll be really confused at the look I'm giving her right now.

"Oh yeah. Jess, my dad can't get us so Luke called Michael last minute," Callie said, turning towards Jessie.

Jessie looked at her like she was suspicious of something but just nodded, "Okay."

Not really knowing what to say, I smiled and told them where my car was parked.

Even though Jessie was wearing my shirt, it didn't mean I was in the clear. I still had to think of what I was even going to say to her.

As we all got in the car, Luke sat in the passenger seat and Jessie and Callie took the back.

Me, Luke, and Callie talked, but Jessie was quiet. She was staring out the window, with one arm propped against the car and a finger on her mouth.

This reminded me of the night after the concert, when we were all in the car and she was so quiet on the way to Bradley's. I remember my heart speeding up when I looked at her. I only went through with everything, and urged her to go to Bradleys that night so I would be able to hang out with her. I had no intentions of leaving her alone with Bradley that night.

I dropped Luke and Callie off at Luke's house first, even though it would have made more sense to drop Jessie off first. I literally passed her house on the way to Luke's.

I looked at her through the rearview when I passed her house, and I knew she knew what this whole thing was about, which made me feel vulnerable.

Once Luke and Callie said bye to us, I leaned back in my seat.

"You wanna get in the front?" I totally lost my cool now that Luke's gone.

She stared at me, contemplating for a moment, "Sure."

She got up and hopped out of the car and into the passenger side, crossing her arms over her chest to cover up the 'idiot'.

As I pulled out of Luke's driveway, I was trying to think of what to say to her when she leaned forward and turned the radio up.

Neither of us said anything as I pulled up in front of her house.

I was expecting her to bolt out of the car but she just sat there, not uncrossing her arms.