7

"Lily, you've barely eaten anything are you alright?" Bella asked me.

"I'm just not really that hungry" I nodded at her smiling. I looked around the busy cafeteria trying to find Max. He and I had agreed that instead of going straight to the dance studio and eating in there it would be alot easier to get our lunch, eat it and then go to the studio.

I failed to find Max, well it would be difficult to find anyone in here due to the amount of people.

I never ate in the cafeteria, in my old school I would always go somewhere else with my friends.
I always feel intimidated by all the people in the cafeteria, the only reason that I have started eating in here is because this is where Bella and Leon eat, well Leon sometimes eats with all his guy friends which is more reason for me to sit with Bella, but most days he usually stays with us.

I looked back towards Leon and Bella who appeared to be deep in conversation.
I looked down at my lunch, I had only taken some fruit and a bottle of water. I picked up a piece of pineapple and chewed on it a bit.

I looked around the cafeteria again and this time I saw Max heading towards one of the doors to leave, he was talking with a girl.
I took that as a sign that I could now start slowly making my way to the dance studio.

"Guys I'm going to go now, I'll see you later" I smiled at them.

"Okay" they answered simultaneously smiling before going back to their conversation.
I headed towards a different door of the cafeteria because I didn't want to be right behind Max and make it look like I was following him.
I walked along the halls of the school, I was looking at the patterns on the floor as I walked and wasn't paying much attention to anything else. Watching the floor reminded me of being a child and trying to only step on certain parts of the pattern, avoiding the lines.

"Oh Lily, hey" I heard Max say causing me to look up. Our halls were crossing and he was just opposite me.
I realised that the girl he was talking to was Harriet from dance class.
Strange.. I had never even seen her around the school before, well I spent most of my time thinking about dance steps or daydreaming so that's not really a surprise.

"Hi" I smiled towards both of them.

"You know Harriet right?" Max asked gesturing towards Harriet.

"Yeah from hip hop" I smiled. She smiled slightly in return seeming unsure of me.

"I'll see you later then" she turned towards Max before walking away. I got the feeling that she left because of me, but I tried to tell myself that I was just being stupid and she had another reason.
I watched her as she walked away and sighed slightly.
I would really like to be friends with her but I have never had the opportunity to really talk to her.

"Don't take it personally" Max smiled at me placing his hand on my arm as we started walking to the studio.
Either he is secretly psychic and read my mind or it was clear on my face what I had been thinking.

"She's just going through a lot of stuff right now" he told me before opening the door to go outside.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I questioned, even though we weren't exactly friends I would still like to help her if at all possible, maybe then we could become friends.

"There's not really anything anyone can do to help, unfortunately. I'll tell her that you asked though, she will appreciate it"

"I never realised she went to school here, that's the first time I've seen her" I laughed slightly.

"Yeah, she hasn't been here the last while so you wouldn't have seen her" he told me as we walked into the studio.

"Are you looking forward to your next rehearsal?" He asked me as he looked through his phone trying to find a certain song.