2

"So I'll see you tomorrow for Hip Hop then?" Sylvia asked me.

"Yeah definitely! Thank you Sylvia" I smiled before leaving the room.
Ballet class had just ended and I loved it. It was tough, they always are but that's what I love about them. I love pushing myself and feeling my muscles working.

From what I could see so far this school seemed very high class, especially compared to my last one.

I saw my moms car once I exited the building. My mom has always been the one who really supported my dancing. She wasn't a psycho Mom who pressured me. She just supported me wanting to do it.

"So how was it?" She asked before I even had the car door closed.

"Great I loved it" I smiled.

We arrived home and my Dad said nothing to me, not that I was overly surprised. He was a good Dad really, he just spent all of his time focused on work or worrying about his finances. He always had been that way and I could not see him ever changing.

I quickly showered, started my homework and didn't finish it. Instead I gave up halfway through and walked across the hall to talk to Julian.

I opened his door to find him laying on his bed with his head stuck in a book. Part of me wanted to leave him be and let him read but I wanted to talk to him. I feel slightly disconnected from him since we moved. The move away from our old town really took a toll on both of us, but mostly Julian. He had always been a quiet boy and I often worried about him.

"Hey there" I smiled at him.

"Oh hi Lil" he sat up putting away his book. "How was dancing?" He asked.

"It was good, how are you today?" I asked him wanting a genuine answer.

"I'm okay" he smiled sincerely.

"Promise?" I asked sticking out my pinky finger something that we had done since he was very young.

"Promise" he smiled locking his pinky with mine. I crawled up to the top of the bed beside him laying down as he told me about his day.

                        •••••••••••••••

"Yeah it's actually pretty nice here. How are things back there? Do you miss me?"

"Nahhh" Masie joked. "Of course we do Lily!" I missed them too. So so much.

"Tell everyone that I miss them too. Okay?"

"I will. Anyway, I've got to go now Lily but I'll call you again in a few days I love you and miss you like crazy"

"Love you too" I smiled before hanging up.

I didn't have anything to do for the rest of the evening other than sleep before school in the morning. So I leaned over to my nightstand and grabbed my current book and dived into another persons world until I became tired enough to sleep.

Although I had been going to this school for quite some time now I was still struggling to make friends.
I did feel lonely at times, walking through the halls on my own while everyone else walked by with their friends was never enjoyable, but I know that friendship takes time. Some people were nice and would invite me to sit with them which I appreciated but I often felt like a burden or as if I was intruding. Before now I had never been the "new girl" therefore I had never realised how difficult it was to be the outsider of a group, the one person who didn't have the same memories as the others, didn't understand the inside jokes... I guess everything takes time.