15

"So are you coming to the party tonight?" Max asks me once more as we walked out of school.

"I'm not sure yet"
There was a stupid party that everyone wanted me to go to but I was extremely hesitant. I hadn't gone to a party since being here which was one reason and the other reason was simply the fact of dressing up and probably needing to show skin.. I found try and find some nice pants.

No. Thank. You.

"But Leon and Bella are going... and me and Adam too!"
That does not make me want to go any more than I already did! Even though I think things are improving between Adam and I.. well I hope.

"Come onnnn" he whined "it will be so much fun!" I sighed and agreed that I would go just to make him stop talking about it.

"Thank you thank you thank you . I'll text you all the details". He smiled at me happily.

"Lily can you try and make that a triple pirrhouette?" Sylvia asked and I nodded trying it again. We now are only a month away from the competition, we know all of our steps and are now just perfecting each and every one.
This was always my favorite part of learning a routine as it really started to look like something special.

I looked over at Adam as he practiced
some of his steps.
After we speaking at my house a few weeks ago I thought things would now be a lot better between us but he was still acting strange around me as if he is uncomfortable. Perhaps the day at my house he had just been in an exceptionally good mood.
Because everything is as it was before, he might smile at me every now and then but majority of the time he acted like he didn't want to be anywhere near me.

"Okay Lily you can go over there and practice or stretch for a minute I'm just going to work with Adam for a little while" Sylvia smiled at me. I nodded at her and ran over to my bag.

I grabbed my theraband and started stretching my feet. I watched Sylvia and Adam start to work on what looked to be him preparing for lifts. I felt a tightness grow in my stomach, thought of Adam lifting me made me feel sick. I didn't even want him to attempt to lift me and not be able to because I'm too heavy.
I looked away from them trying to forget about it.. as if that was possible. I could feel my palms getting sweaty (knees weak, arms are heavy ;) ) and my knees starting to quiver.

"Lily" I heard Sylvia call me.
No, no, no.
I considered running away and leaving them but I was really honoured to have an opportunity like this competition, so I decided to get over myself and just do it.

I stood up  shakily walking over to them. Sylvia smiled widely at me and Adam just followed me with his eyes as I neared them.
"We are going to start working on some of the bigger lifts" Sylvia tells me what I had already figured out.
I could feel myself becoming increasingly nervous as she explained what exactly we were going to be doing.

I could feel and hear my heart pounding in my chest and it felt like my entire body was pounding along with it.
"Lily, for you the most difficult thing is going to be, keeping your position and finding your balance. Aswell as putting your trust in Adam." Sylvia turned to talk to Adam.
"You really need to use your plié and balance." He nodded remaining silent.

My entire body felt like it was on fire with nerves.

Calm down. Please.

"Most importantly, both of you need to trust yourselves and each other" she looked between us.
I could just about hear her over the overwhelming sound of my heart.
I subconsciously began to crack my fingers, when I stopped I noticed Adam had been watching my hands.
I took in a deep breath in a further attempt to calm myself.