37

"I'm really not ready for another day of school" I moaned laying on Harriet's bed.

Although she was taking some time off of school to look after the baby, she was still awake at the usual school time because that tends to happen with new born babies.

"I know Lily, but you'll be out of there soon" she laughed from beside me in the bed. She was currently feeding the baby.

I sighed slightly to myself when I thought of the fact that in less than three days she would no longer be here.

"I'm going to miss you" I said looking at her. Her face saddened slightly as I said this.

"You will still see me silly Lily! Don't worry" she smiled. "It's crazy to look back at when we first met.. I can't imagine not having you now" she winked.

"I hope I still see you as much" I hated being separated from people. I had found it quite difficult leaving Maisie and Charlie and although I knew Harriet wasn't going very far, she was still going away.

"Don't forget that you are this little mans godmother, so you will be seeing plenty of us don't worry" she reached over t squeeze my cheek playfully. "Now get out of my room and go to school" she chuckled as I rolled my eyes scrambling off of the bed after giving the baby a kiss.

"So how has everything been between you and Adam?" Leon asked me at lunch.
It made me laugh that he was the one asking as usually boys don't pay any interest in relationships other than their own.
"Everything going well?"

"Fine, we went out last night.. it was just like hanging out though nothing major" I laughed slightly.

As I said this I noticed Bella's facial expression change slightly as she looked towards me.

"Lily" she smiled at me. "I love the idea of you and Adam, I mean he is beautiful and so are you, and you seem to get on very well, but aren't you worried about the fact that you dance together and now you might be a couple. Like what if you break up but still have to dance together, how will that work?"
As she said this I paused to genuinely think about it.
She had an extremely valid point. She was right. She was 100% right.

It wasn't until later the next day when Adam and I were rehearsing a new dance that Max was choreographing when Bella's words entered my mind again. We were performing a sequence from the middle of the dance where it appears that we are fighting. I had to swing my arms towards him as he caught them causing me to walk backwards. Adam appeared to get distracted as instead of continuing with the next step he continued walking towards me until I was against the wall. He then grinned at me and put his hands on my hips.

His breath tickled my skin and as I felt the heat radiating off of his body onto mine, I felt like a wave had crashed over me. It wasn't a wave of an emotion that I could easily identify. Was it attraction? Lus-

No, Lily. Snap out of it, my head had completely turned to mush and I was no longer thinking straight.

I watched his smile fade as I pulled his hands off of me, confusion replacing his smile as Bella's words ran through my  mind.

"What's wrong?" He asked me as he searched my face for a sign of what could be wrong.

"I just, I've been thinking.."

"About what?" He asked rubbing my arms causing them to burn from his touch.

Maybe Bella was wrong, maybe we would be fine if we broke up. No, it is better to avoid any of this, for both us and our friends. We didn't need a Ross and Rachel situation. That would be bad for everyone, not only us but our friends.