13

3 weeks later
Adam's PoV (oooooh)

"Guys we are getting close to the competition so let's go again and really go for it okay?" Sylvia smiled and I saw Lily nodding from beside me. I sighed.

I hate this.
I hate being around her, she's too nice.

It's so freaking hard when your best friend is also one of her best friends.

The music started and she started the dance and I found myself watching her, yet again. I've seen her do this so many times and I still catch myself watching her. She is very distracting, the way she moved. Her hair in her face. I noticed that she never looks at herself in the mirror, even when she was just standing in front of it she always watched the ground.
She also never looked at me, she probably hated me.
I would too.
All of a sudden the music stopped and I looked towards Sylvia.

"Adam! You missed your cue!"

"Oh sorry, I was distracted" I replied. Get yourself together God dammit.

"Okay we won't start again because I don't want to tire Lily out, I'll just put the music back a little for your entrance. Okay Adam?" Sylvia asked glaring at me before smiling slightly. She can never stay mad.

I nodded in response and took a deep breath trying to shake myself out of it and forget that she was there beside me and I did my first  part of the dance. I ran towards the back of the room as she did her next piece.
After this part we had to dance together... Great.
Can't wait.

Ever since seeing her out that night at the bar she had me feeling some type of way and I hate it. She had been stuck in my head, she even appeared in one of my dreams which freaked me the fuck out, what is wrong with me? I don't want this. I don't want to be attracted to her. I don't want to think about her. But I mean, how could I not be.
Shut up. Shut up.

"Adam!! Come on it's like you're afraid to touch her!" Sylvia says frustrated.
Yeah well I am. I am afraid of what might happen.
I notice Lily look at herself in the mirror for once as if to see what is wrong with her.

"Come here, give me your hand" Sylvia instructed coming towards me. I hold out my hand and she takes it and does Lily's next move and brings my hand along with her.
"That's all you have to do Adam.. Okay?" She asks looking at me confused. She didn't know what was going on with me, I could tell. I was glad she couldn't tell, maybe Lily couldn't either.

"Yeah" I nod in response.

"Okay come on then, take Lily's hand" she instructs slowly as if I were a child.
I walked slowly towards Lily aware that she was watching me approach her.

She seemed nervous which didn't make things any better. She lifted her hand slightly from her side and I reached out and took it, inhaling deeply.
Her fingers were so cold, so delicate in mine.. I was almost afraid I would break her.

Shit.

Block it out, block it out, block it out.

Lily's PoV
"Thanks Sylvia" I smiled as I picked up my bag leaving the studio. Today was strange, Adam had been acting even stranger than usual. I mean I know he doesn't like me but today he had acted as if I was diseased or something. As much as I hated to admit it, it honestly bothered me that he disliked me that much.

I walked down the stairs of the studio and could hear his footsteps not far behind mine. I opened the door feeling the fresh breeze on my skin.