4

"Thanks for staying back guys" Sylvia smiled at Adam and I.

"It's fine" I smiled at her. While Adam, yet again remained silent.

"So, we have been given the amazing opportunity to enter a competition involving couple dances and I have entered you both. Now I know this may seem ridiculous considering how long you have been dancing together. Lily I understand it may be slightly overwhelming, but personally I think it will do wonders for your confidence" she smiled causing me to almost grimace. Was it that obvious that I did like myself?

"After seeing how well you guys worked together in Hip Hop and today, I thought you would be perfect for it. Would you guys be willing to do it?" She smiled looking from me to Adam and then back to me.

I glanced towards Adam who had his jaw clenched but nodded slightly towards Sylvia.

"Yes, of course" I smiled. She beamed with happiness and clapped her hands together.

"Okay that's great. Thank you. So I've got a few ideas already for the dance and music but any ideas for music or anything would be great so please give me some suggestions! Would you both be able to come early for hip hop and we can start?" She asked us.

We both nodded.

"Okay great, I am so excited to get started! Thank you, see you soon" she smiled at us.

I grabbed my bag and pulled on some sweatpants and a shirt over my leotard and tights before leaving towards the stairs. In the reception Adam was talking quietly to Christine.

"See you later sweetie" Christine called from behind her desk.

"Bye" I smiled in response while Adam just looked at me.

I stepped outside and scanned the area for my Moms car but there was no sign of it. It was quite unusual as she was usually a really good time keeper. I searched through my bag for my phone and called her"

"Hi Lily I am so sorry, my car broke down on the way to collect you. I'm actually outside your school, I'm so sorry Lily!" She blabbed through the phone.

"Mom it's fine don't worry about it I can start walking." I told her before hanging up and beginning to walk. It would take at least 20 minutes if not more to get to the school from here, hopefully by the time I arrived at the school someone had come to fix the car.

"Lily?" Someone called and I turned to see Max in a car.

"Oh hey, you're still here" I laughed.

"I'm Adam's  ride, do you need a ride somewhere?" He asked me.

I looked up and saw Adam walking towards the car. I knew he would not appreciate having me in the car seeing as he seemed to detest me.

"It's okay I can walk" I told him.

"Don't worry about him, come on it looks like it's going to rain" Max smiled.

I hesitated. "Are you sure?"

"Yes! Get in" he said more sternly.

"Okay, thank you so much" I sighed hopping into the back of the car just as Adam came up to the car.

Max started to drive out of the car park once we were both strapped in.

"Why did she hold you guys back?" Max asked, I wasn't sure if he was asking Adam or me or both of us.

"She entered us in a competition" Adam answered him in a grumble.

"Oh cool.. sounds like it could be fun" Max said cheerfully, probably in an attempt to brighten up Adam's glumness.
They continued to have a conversation while I looked out the window, Max was right it had started to rain. I was now extremely thankful he had convinced me to take the ride.