40

"Lily?" I heard distant voices calling my name.

I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my pounding head off of the ground. Once my eyes focused I saw Dave and Harriet in front of me.

"Are you okay?" Harriet asked me.
I looked around me, my eyes slowly adjusting to the light streaming in from the windows. I felt like I was half asleep and just unlocked my phone.

"Where's Adam?"
What the hell? Why is that what I am thinking about right now. Why is his whereabouts my concern.

Dave also seems to be slightly confused as to why this is my concern. Whereas Harriet appears to have a slight smile on her face.

Dave took my hand encouraging me to stand up before he guided me towards a seat. I told him that I was capable of doing it myself but he insisted.
"Are you okay?" They both asked again.

I nodded "Yeah I'm fine, just tired. I haven't had anything sugary today that's probably what caused it" I laughed awkwardly.

Just as I said it a glass of orange juice was placed on the table in front of me along with a small bowl of ice cream.
I looked up to see Adam standing there.

"Apparently ice cream helps with drowsiness after fainting, and juice for sugar obviously" he said.
I smiled at him with gratitude.

"Thank you Adam" he shrugged indicating it was no big deal. But it was. At least to me it was.
It was clear to everyone that things were weird between Adam and I at the moment. He had returned to barely speaking to me therefore it almost shocked me to see him still look out for me so much.
I guess it showed the person he really was, the person I only got a glimpse of.

"Is there something going on between you and Adam?" Dave asked me after everything had calmed down and we were leaving the restaurant.

"No. Not at all what makes you think that?" I mean I wasn't lying, there was nothing between us, other than awkwardness.

"I don't know I guess it's just he seems very protective of you or something, and he doesn't seem to appreciate me being around at all" he chuckled slightly.

"We're just friends, and he will warm to you, it takes him time. Perhaps you telling him about your girlfriend might help if you're that concerned" I told him. Was Adam protective of me? No, definitely not. Dave was definitely seeing things differently than what they truly were.

When I arrived home I felt exhausted and for once I decided to skip my at home workout and instead crawled into bed.
The last few hours had been quite crazy. Hell the last few weeks had been ludicrous. The last few weeks I had been trying to keep up with dancing and school and my weight and I had began to feel that I was completely losing control on everything. I convinced myself that I deserved to skip one night of work and sleep.

I woke up a few hours later to voices outside my bedroom door.
"Just come in" I raised my voice so they could hear me.
My mom walked into the room followed surprisingly by Dave and Harriet.
"Hey guys...?" I sat up slightly in the bed unsure as to why they were here. "Where's Conor?" I smiled.

"Downstairs with Adam" Harriet said keeping her face straight. They all looked extremely serious.
"Has something happened?" I asked taking in their stern faces.

My mother walked over to my bed and sat beside me. "Harriet told me" she said quietly.

"Harriet told you what?" I asked looking between everyone confused.

"I noticed that you had been losing weight and looked tired but I don't know how I didn't see it and I'm so sorry Lily, I'm so sorry" she continued.