2:8

Heyyy Guys
So, I hope this doesn't change anything for anyone, but I have decided to change this to a regular book.. the story will not be changing at all whatsoever other than the male characters name, for no real reason other than I am in a different place in my life now and would be more comfortable writing a regular love story.. I hope this is okay and I don't lose any support :) thank you
I will be editing the past chapters to change names over the next little while so ignore that x
Please leave some male names that you think would suit in the comments because I'm finding it hard to choose

"Mom?" The house seemed extremely quiet, I walked through the kitchen and all of downstairs and there was nobody there.
"Hello?" I called again and had no response, just silence.

It was quite unusual for my house to be so quiet and so empty, usually at least one of my parents was home. I knew that Julian was currently in school but it was strange for my parents not to be here.

I decided to walk upstairs to check if anyone was up there. As I walked up the stairs I still could not hear anything. I walked past my room and checked Julian's which was empty but that was not surprising seeing as he was in school.
I approached my parents' bedroom door and lightly knocked on it. I heard a small voice saying to come in. I walked in to my mom sitting on the bed crying.

"Woah, what's wrong? What happened?" I asked and she immediately began to wipe her eyes upon hearing my voice.

"Oh nothing sweetie don't worry" she giggled slightly. "Just me being emotional and everything" she looked everywhere but at me. I knew that my mother was an emotional person, she always had been but in my gut I felt that this was different. Always trust your gut.

"Mom" I said sternly and stood directly in front of her. "What happened?"

She looked up at me with sad eyes and then shook her head.

"Nothing sweetheart, nothing big. Your father and I just had an argument that's all"

"Why were you arguing?"

"Oh no reason, just me being stupid" she brushed it off like it was no big deal. Like it didn't happen all the time. They always argued but it did not always end up like this. It was never her fault yet she always says it was.

"Mom you're not stupid" I whispered. "Have a bath, put on your pyjamas and we are going to have a girls day. Just me and you" I told her wiping her last tear away. She nodded in agreement and shuffled into her ensuite bathroom.

I walked to my room and sat on my bed. It saddened me to see my mom like this, she loves my dad so much but he treats her like dirt. I know he loves her too, he just doesn't know how to show it. He's not affectionate, he never ever hugged me or Julian or even complimented us. He always focused on what was wrong, it never usually bothered me. Seeing him bring down my mom like this made it much harder to ignore.

I quickly pulled out my phone to call Adam. He answered after a number of seconds.
"Hey you okay?" He asked, clearly expecting me to be calling after a 'discussion' with my parents, mostly dad.
"Hey yeah I'm fine. Listen I probably won't get to see you again today, and I won't be on my phone much either"

"Wait- is everything okay?"

"Yes! No everything is fine, with me anyway. It's just my mom is having a tough time and I think we need some quality mother daughter time.. I hope you understand"

"Lily of course! Your mom needs you, you need your mom I get it! I got to see you everyday the last few days, spend as much time with her as you need. Family is always priority".

"I'm sorry, but thank you for being so amazing"

"I'll try to survive without you" he chucked and I could just picture the playful look on his face.
God. I'm honestly shocked that Adam and I have somehow ended up in the situation we are now in, I never ever expected this to happen but I'm so happy that it did.
I miss him. Already. This is not good, I'm in deep.

                                .

Me and my mom were currently curled up in two balls on the couch surrounded by blankets drinking hot chocolate and watching This Is Us. The series, my mom did not like one direction. And I only secretly did.
It was a very rare occasion that me and my mom sat down to do things like this together and even though we were sitting in silence I was really enjoying spending some quality time with her.
Well, that was for a while.. after the sixth episode ended she bent over to pick up a bowl of popcorn and her pajama top lifted up. That's when I saw it.
The very large and very obvious bruise on her hip. No- he wouldn't..
"Mom" I gasped and she sat up quickly turning to me with a concerned look on her face.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Y- your hip what happened?" I felt awful that my immediate thoughts were that dad had hit her. "Did Dad do that to you?"

"Wh- no lily don't be silly, he wouldn't! I just walked into a table and I bruise like a peach" she played it off chuckling slightly.

"Mom" I whispered. He did do it, it was obvious.

"Well you know how clumsy I can be!"

"Mom!" I said more sternly.
She had been avoiding my eyes up until now and when her eyes met mine I could see the truth. Her eyes confirmed it.
All of a sudden her lip began to tremble and she reached out to me.
I held her as she cried and I was left completely speechless. I didn't know what to say. What could I say? Nothing was going to fix it or turn back time.

We stayed like that for, actually I don't know how long. Eventually she sat up and dried her now red and slightly puffy eyes.

"It has only happened once before, and it was an accident. Please don't worry about this Lily, he has already apologised and he knows that he was wrong. Just sometimes he gets so worked up, but listen to me. I promise Lily, that everything is fine, I have control over it" she smiled holding my face and then pulling me into a comforting hug.

I stayed with my mom for a couple of more hours before she practically forced me to leave, either to leave the house or to go to my room. She basically wanted me to stop feeling bad for her.
I had texted Adam, and was in my room all of five minutes before he called me to make sure everything was okay.
"Would you like to accompany me to the studio?" He asked me, immediately bringing a smile to my face. "I'm really in the moo to dance and it might help you clear your mind"

"That honestly sounds like the best idea ever" I smiled into my pillow before dragging myself off of my bed and getting ready.

I Was going to continue on here but I've decided to split the chapter in two as I want to get something up for you
Thank you guys, please comment the name suggestions and vote x
1282