36

"Jay can you pass the salt please?" I asked Julian from my place at the dinner table.

He passed it carefully and I thanked him. I threw some salt on my food before cutting it up and mashing it up and bringing my fork up to my mouth again and again and no one noticed that I wasn't eating.

"How was work these last few days?" My Mom asked my father. He pulled his eyes away from his phone, funny, he was allowed to break the no phones at the table rule.

"It was fine" he simply replied and then looked at me. "How was that dance thing?" He asked, with the least amount of interest in his voice.

"The dance 'thing' was great" I replied emphasising the word 'thing' and spoke with a certain amount of sarcasm in my voice.

"Oh it was amazing, they won! But I told you that" my mom exclaimed proudly beaming at me. "Her and Adam were just amazing together" she continued.

"Adam?" He asked a crease forming on his forehead as he frowned.

"My dance partner" I replied and he nodded his head in understanding.

"Yeah" Julian scoffed. "Your 'dance partner'" he chuckled.

I widened my eyes and kicked him under the table. He looked confused as to why I was mad. He didn't understand what dad was like.

Although technically Adam and I were just dance partners, we had gone a little further.

"What is that supposed to mean?" My Dad asked anger growing on his face.

As I thought to myself and tried to think of an answer, to my joy Harriet appeared down the stairs with the baby.

"All clean" she laughed. He had had quite an explosive nappy earlier so she decided to bath him.

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked her pleading with my eyes for her to rescue me.

"No it's okay, he should sleep now" she smiled placing him into his cradle.

"So" Harriet continued to speak. Thankfully.
"I have some news" she smiled.

"Oh, what is it?" My Mom beamed back at her.

"Well.. I have been looking at some apartments nearby. I figured now that the baby is born it's no longer fair for me to still be here, keeping everyone awake. And also my Mom has gotten over the situation slightly and she said she will help me pay.. but anyways." She paused to take in a breath after rambling.

"I found an apartment!" She beamed looking at us all. "It's only about five minutes away and it's really really nice, it's perfect for the two of us! And there's an extra room incase one of you ever come to visit" I watched her as I saw genuine happiness on her face. I knew that her mother telling her she accepted the pregnancy and the baby had made her extremely happy. But ever since she had given birth to her son, she had a new found happiness and it was amazing to see.

"Oh.. are you sure?" My mom questioned. I knew she would be sad to see Harriet leaving as did Harriet but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

My father looked towards my mother confused. "Are you seriously going to argue this?" He asked her.

He had been unhappy about Harriet being here from the day he found out that she was pregnant. He didn't 'believe' in it.

For a split second I saw a flicker of hurt on Harriet's face when he said this. But she quickly covered it up and smiled.
"I really will never be able to thank you enough for what you did for me. I will always be grateful" she smiled looking at everyone bar my father.

"So do you want me to label the boxes or just pack them?" I asked Harriet as we sat on her bedroom floor attempting to pack up some of her stuff.

"You can just pack them, I don't really see the point in labeling them" She replied as she flicked through some pages that she had found under her bed.

A few moments later my phone began to ring. I looked down and saw that it was Adam.

"Hey" I smiled as I answered the phone.

"Hey oh my god I have the best idea! Are you with Harriet?" He asked me sounding extremely excited.

"Yeah I am why?" I laughed slightly confused as to what he could be so excited about.

"Okay put me on speaker" I stood up and moved over to Harriet and did so.

"Okay you're on speaker" I told him and Harriet raised an eyebrow at me questioning what was going on. I just shrugged in response.

"Okay, Hey har" He said.

"Hi Ad what's going on?" She laughed.

"I just had the most amazing brain wave. So you know how Lily and I are going to be the little guys godparents" he continued.

"Yes" Harriet responded nodding her head and then smiling at me.

"Well I just came up with the perfect name for him!! Are you guys ready?" He asked excitedly.

Harriet gave me a look that said 'prepare yourself for the most ridiculous thing you will ever hear'.

"Adillio!! Isn't it perfect? It's like Ad from me obviously, il from Lily. It's just perfect"

I watched as Harriet's jaw dropped.
"You can't be serious" she laughed.

I smiled to myself just imagining Adam's face right now. I couldn't decipher whether or not he was joking- I hoped he was- but either way I could tell he was smiling very broadly right about now.

"Harriet, obviously I'm not serious! What do you think I am" he erupted into laughing and Harriet looked relieved.

"Thank god for that. I was beginning to worry" she laughed.

"Hey Lily take me off speaker"  he then said through the phone and I frowned picking up the phone and putting it to my ear.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing just wanted to say hi" he chucked slightly into the phone. Cute.

"Do you want to come somewhere with me tonight?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah.. sure" I replied smiling.

I then looked towards Harriet who simply raised her eyebrows as if she knew exactly what was going on.

Just a filler
I'm sorry I'm sorry
Exciting things soon... good and bad?!?!
Don't forget to vote and comment and feel free to leave some movie recommendations xx
1074