Chapter 5

Why did Ryan have to have those piercing blue eyes? I held my gaze with him for a few moments before he rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to his friends.

"Jackass," I muttered under my breath and walked further into the house.

"Did you say something Hayles?" Avery asked looking back at me.

"Yeah, I said I need a drink," I lied and she smiled, continuing down the hall.

We entered the kitchen, which was packed with teenagers who were standing around drinking and talking.  Avery and I paused at the entrance of the kitchen and Mel walked faster to grab some drinks before coming back to Avery and I, handing them to us. I wasn't sure what motivated me but I downed the entire drink, not even sure what was in it.

After a few more drinks, I heard one of my favorite songs start playing.  I smiled and walked out of the kitchen, grabbing a random guy's wrist as I walked toward the living room with him in tow.  We entered the living room and there were people dancing, if you could call what they were doing was dancing, it was more like they were grinding against each other. I started dancing with the guy I brought from the kitchen, who seemed happy to be dancing with me.

I danced with him for awhile before he started grabbing my ass and I got tired of trying to fend him off so I walked back into the kitchen to get another drink.  If I'm going to be manhandled all night, I at least needed to have a few more drinks.  As I was pouring myself another drink, someone took my hand and led me to the backyard, where there were people sitting in a circle.

"Am I going to be part of a cult now?" I asked the person that was dragging me. I heard a laugh from the person before she basically threw me to the ground so I was sitting in the circle. I looked around the circle and I knew some faces but there was only one face that I knew their name...Ryan.

"We're playing truth or dare. Kat's sister, it's your turn," I heard and turned to look at the girl who was talking. I kept staring at her, she looked familiar but I had no idea what her name was.

"Hailey," someone else said, snapping my attention to the girl who had just said my name. "I dare you to kiss Ryan." I don't even recall her asking me if I wanted truth or dare. Wasn't that part of the game? Wait, what did she just say?

It took me a moment to understand what she had said and I turned to Ryan and he had the same shocked expression that I had.

He was quicker to respond than I was and he slowly inched his way toward me on his knees and I did the same. I was so glad I drank before I started this game. 

We stopped when we were a few inches apart. I was staring into his eyes, his face was blank and I couldn't figure out what he was thinking.  That, for some odd reason, was really bothering me.

He slowly inched toward me and put his lips on mine, kissing me lightly. I started kissing back and he intensified the kiss, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer to him. He licked my bottom lip and I opened my mouth and he touched my tongue with his. He tasted like beer and honey, not sure why but he tasted so good. We stood up on our knees and I put my hands around his neck to pull him closer to me. 

"Okay I said a kiss not make out for twenty minutes!" I heard a girl's voice say.

Ryan and I parted and I stared at him, his lips were bright red and swollen. His eyes were shining with what looked like confusion and....passion? That couldn't be right. I must be really drunk.

We both sat back in the circle and continued playing the game. Ryan and I glanced at each other a few times before I couldn't take it anymore and practically ran inside the house and into the kitchen. I drank and I chatted with people that were standing in the kitchen but I didn't recognize any of them. After a few more drinks and a lot more dancing, I had to admit I was having a good time, despite having to smack hands away when guys started grabbing my butt while we were dancing.

I saw Ryan at times on the dance floor as some girl grinded up against him and he looked to be in his glory.  Every time I saw him, he was dancing with a different girl and for some reason I was more and more jealous as the night went on.

Avery found me at some point and after convincing her to dance for a bit, we danced together which pleased a lot of the guys around us.  I wanted another drink but Avery convinced me to leave for some reason.

Avery pulled me out of the house by my wrist and we walked the few blocks to her house, stumbling most of the way.  Good thing I was staying at her house tonight because I was in no shape to drive and neither was she, I thought as I watched her trying to dig her heal out of a grate in the middle of the road.  I'm not sure why or how she was in the middle of the road but it was funny watching her try to get her heal out of the grate.