Chapter 12

I was surprised Ryan had actually brought me to a real party. A part of me was still skeptical of his motives.

When I got out of my car, I walked toward the house that had teenagers all over the yard and where the music was practicality making the house vibrate. 

I walked into the house and headed straight for the kitchen. I decided my mind needed a break from all the thinking, between my parents and Ryan, I was starting to feel like I was losing my mind.

I grabbed a few bottles of beer from the kitchen counter and downed one before I downed the other. I deposited both on the counter and grabbed a plastic cup and mixed vodka and coke, which were both on the counter as well. I grabbed my now filled plastic cup, took a guy's hand and led him into the living room and started dancing with him.

The guy was kissing my neck as we danced and he was whispering something in my ear, but between the loud people around us and the music, I couldn't hear anything he was saying. I was suddenly being led by my elbow away from the hot guy and I frowned.

"Come on, beer pong in the game room," the person who was dragging me said. I was still walking backwards staring at the hot guy I was being dragged away from. Can't I just be stupid and have some meaningless fun with him?

"No you can't," someone said and I turned around to see a girl, I think her name was Katie, smiling back at me. Oops, I didn't realize I had said that out loud.

Once I was shown how to play I was really into the game although I kept losing so I was constantly taking shots. I was playing with a guy who looked familiar but I wasn't sure what his name was. After my last shot I was going to quit until someone switched with one of the guys on the other team and Ryan joined the guy on the other team.

"You're going down Brooks," I said and glared at Ryan.

"Oh we'll see about that Collins," Ryan replied and winked at me.

After three games, we were beating Ryan and his partner but Ryan looked determined to kick my ass at this game.

"We're playing truth or dare, does anyone want to play?" I heard someone yell behind me.

"Oh, I do!" I yelled back, turning around and throwing my hand up. The girl who had yelled about the game laughed and held her hand out for me, I grabbed it and she led me into another room. There were people sitting on the floor with a bottle in the middle. It looked like they were in the middle of the game but the girl and I squeezed into the circle just as the bottle landed on me. I was busy downing my drink that I wasn't even sure where I had gotten from, that I hadn't noticed the bottle landed on me.

"Hailey, truth or dare?" one guy asked me and I stopped drinking to look at him. Shit, what did he just say? He smiled and asked again.

"Oh me, um, dare," I replied and he smiled mischief filled his eyes. Oh I'm in for it now. Why did I have to choose dare?

"I dare you to kiss someone you hate," the guy said and smiled.

"I don't hate anyone," I answered and the guy shook his head and smiled even wider.  Well Ryan and Mike but I sure didn't want to kiss either one of them.

"Oh is that right? Alright, I dare you to kiss Ryan Brooks," he said and I felt my cheeks heat up and my eyes turn into giant saucers. It was one thing when Ryan and I were playing truth or dare together but when he didn't know? I'm sure he'd love to publicly reject me. Well at least everyone is drunk and probably won't remember me getting rejected by the biggest jackass in school.

I downed the rest of my drink before standing up and heading back into the game room. I turned around when I heard voices and everyone playing the game had followed me to watch me kiss Ryan.

Ryan was still playing beer pong, he was talking to the guy he was playing with and didn't see me approaching him. I put my hand on his shoulder to turn him toward me before kissing him hard. His mouth was open from shock and I didn't hesitate to shove my tongue into his mouth. When my tongue touched his I felt my entire body heat up and he turned his hips toward me, grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him. Our hands were all over each other and before I knew it, he had lifted me onto a surface that I thought was the ping pong table. He continued to devour my mouth, I opened my legs so he was standing between my legs and I tightened my thighs together and pulled his hair and he moaned in my mouth.

I'm not sure how long we were making out for or what even separated us but when we did I hopped off the table and looked around, expecting everyone to be staring at us. But the nearly empty room of people were playing games, dancing or practically having sex on the couch, the truth or dare group that had followed me, were nowhere to be seen.

"What was that?" Ryan whispered as if he didn't want to ruin the moment by speaking.

"I, um, was playing truth or dare..." I explained and looked down.

"You kissed me for a dare?" he asked. I looked up at him and his eyes were filled with anger.

"Why are you so mad?" I asked, completely confused why he'd care. My first kiss was with him during a truth or dare game, I'm not sure why this was different, my booze brain thought as I looked at him.

"Because I thought..." he started. I thought he was going to continue but he threw his hands up in the air and walked out of the room in a huff.

"What the fuck?" I asked, confusion running through my drunken mind.

I walked into the living room and froze when I saw Ryan making out with Tiffany. I felt like my heart stopped as I stared at them, I blinked a few times hoping it was just a dream but it was the same scene when I opened my eyes.

I walked upstairs into one the bedrooms and sat down on the bed. What was I thinking, a guy like Ryan would never want a nobody like me. He belonged with the Tiffany's of the world. He was a player and I was a nobody, we were complete opposites and total enemies. There was no world where that could ever change, I thought as I climbed under the covers and closed my eyes, praying for the night to take me so I would stop thinking of the hot sexy jackass I kissed tonight.  But damn if it wasn't an amazing kiss, I thought as sleep took over.