Chapter 25

I woke up to hear Avery and Mel talking rapidly only a few feet away from me.

"She needs to figure out what she's going to do," Mel said.

"She needs to have time to digest this news, don't rush her," Avery said.

"Who is she?" I asked, rubbing my head and sitting up from where I was laying on the bed. The girls sat in front of me and Avery put her hand on my shoulder.

"Do you remember what happened?" Avery said softly.

"Yes we were talking and I..." I didn't know what happened after we were talking in the bedroom. The girls gave me a minute to let me think and it all came flooding back to me.

"It's okay," Avery said and hugged me as I cried on her shoulder.

"I need to tell Ryan," I said through tears. I felt Avery turn and I knew she was looking at Mel and they were having a silent conversation between them.

"What is is?" I asked and pulled away from Avery to look at them.

"About Ryan..." Mel said but seemed to have lost the words after she said his name.

"What is he pregnant too?" I asked and we laughed.

"No but wouldn't that be a story? Sweetie we haven't seen him, he doesn't leave his house anymore," Avery said.

"Is he okay?" I asked as the pit in my stomach felt like it got bigger just by hearing this.

"We don't know," Mel answered and I shook my head and looked down.

"Well I know one person who will," I said and pulled out my phone and hit dial.

"Hailey, are you okay?" Colin's gravelly voice said through the phone.

"No. Have you heard from Ryan?" I answered and turned to look at the girls who were looking at me expectantly.

"Not in a few weeks, he doesn't answer the phone anymore," Colin answered and it sounded like he was getting out of bed.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"For you? Anything," he answered and I sighed in relief.

"Can you get Ryan to meet me at the park in an hour?" I asked.

"He won't talk to me, Hayles," he said with a sigh.

"Please, Colin," I pleaded.

"Fine, we'll meet you at the park between your house and his in an hour," he said.

"Thank you Colin," I said and hung up, throwing my phone on the bed.

"So we're going to the park?" Avery asked.

"Do you know whose out at this time of night?" Mel asked.

"Yes, lunatics and us," I answered and grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom to have a shower.

"Do you know what you're going to say to him?" Avery asked as we walked towards the park.

"You mean if Colin actually gets him to answer his phone and he actually comes to meet me?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Yes, if that happens, do you know what you're going to say?" Avery asked again.

"Not really but I know I have to talk to him," I answered and we walked the rest of the way in silence.

"You owe me so big, you have no idea what I had to do to get him here," Colin said when we approached him. He opened the backdoor of his car and inside was a Ryan like I had never seen him before. His hair was long and greasy, it looked like he hadn't shaved or showered in weeks despite what looked like he had semi-clean clothes on.