Chapter 18

I walked into the living room and sat on the sofa, watching the people around me drink and dry hump each other.  I watched Ryan walk into the room, his eyes catching my gaze and he smiled his devilish smile, and when he passed me, deposited a note in my hand.  I looked at the note and shook my head, looking up to find him talking to his friends across the room, his eyes on me.  I shook my head and stood up, crumpling the note and dropping it into a nearly full glass of what looked like water on the end table next to me.

I started dancing with one guy who was already dancing, I put his hands on my hips and I moved us so I could stare at Ryan discreetly and I removed my panties, being careful not to flash the entire party.  The guy's eyes were wide as I took my panties off and placed them in his hand, kissing him on the cheek and walking away.  As I was exiting the room, I turned around and winked at Ryan before walking out the front door.

"That was so hot," I heard behind me, Ryan's arms wrapping around my waist.  He pulled the hair off my neck and kissed my neck, whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

"What was the point of that?" I asked, spinning to face him.  He smiled, pulling me around the side of the house and into the shadows where no one could see us.  He pulled his pants and boxers down and pulled my dress up a little.  He put his hands on my butt, pulling me to him and I jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist and I slowly lowered myself onto his hard member and he pressed me against the side of the house.

He kissed me passionately, fucking me hard against the house, as I tried my best to be quiet and hold in my moans.  I kissed him when he was about to climax, swallowing his moans and grunts.  He held me in that position for a few moments before he let me down, but didn't let go of my waist.  I was wobbly from the amazing sex, the alcohol and of course the stupid shoes I was wearing.

"Do you want to stay or do you want me to drive you home?" he asked after a few moments.

"I'm ready to go home. I just want to let Avery or Mel know," I explained and he nodded.  I couldn't see his expression or read his eyes because it was too dark where we were standing.  He held my hand, interlacing our fingers and kissed me before leading me to the front of the house.

We went back into the house and I found Avery, she was on the couch making out with some guy who didn't look even remotely familiar.

"Looks like she's a little busy," Ryan whispered into my ear, still standing behind me.

"Well considering we were just doing that, I can't complain too much," I said and he chuckled.  I felt the heat of his breath on the back of my neck and a shiver ran down my spine.

"Hey, do you want to get going?" I asked Avery when she took a pause with the guy, I took a few steps closer to her so she didn't notice how close Ryan was to me.

"I don't think I can drive," Avery said, which was her way of saying she wasn't ready to go home.

"Okay, I'm going to go home though, is that okay?" I asked and she nodded before going back to kissing the hot stranger.  He put his hand up her shirt and I turned around quickly before I had to see my best friend have sex in a room full of people.

"Is it okay to leave her here like this?" Ryan asked as we walked out of the house.

"Yeah, I'll text Mel to let her know to watch out for her," I said and he nodded.

I pulled out my phone and texted Mel as we walked to Ryan's car.

Avery is in the living room with some guy. She doesn't want to leave but I'm heading home. Can you make sure she gets home? Love you - Hailey

No problem.  See you tomorrow. Love you - Mel

We got into his car and headed to my house.

Ryan dropped me off a few houses down from my house in case Kat or my parents were home.

I walked into the house, trying to be as quiet as possible since it was passed midnight, but I shouldn't have been concerned, I could hear my parents arguing in their bedroom above me.

"Where were you?" Kat asked as I crept passed the living room, not noticing she was sitting in there watching TV.

"Out with Avery," I answered and she nodded.

"You better not be fucking around with Ryan or going to parties, I have a reputation," she said and I shook my head. No matter what I did, it came back to her life and her reputation. I couldn't wait to get out of this town and away from my sister's drama.

"Goodnight Kat," I said, walking down the hall and up the stairs. I thought since my parents were getting divorced they'd stop yelling every night, but it seems to have gotten worse.

I had a shower, taking the clown makeup off my face and got ready for bed, but I could still hear my parents fighting and as I laid down and shut my eyes, I knew I'd never get any sleep with them next door fighting like children.

I grabbed my keys, threw on a hoodie and left the house, walking to Avery's house to get my car. I drove around for awhile before ending up in my favorite spot above the city.

*~*~*~*

I opened my eyes to see the backseat of my car, I looked around realizing I must have fell asleep in my car last night.  Shit, I thought as I sat up, wiping the sleep from my eyes.  I grabbed my phone from the floor of my car, turning it over to see there were 25 missed calls.

I didn't bother checking who all called, I knew at least some of those calls were from Kat and my parents since I never stayed out all night.

I drove home as fast as I could, rushing into the house and into the living room where I saw my mother pacing the entire floor, my father on the phone on the sofa and Kat texting on her phone.

"Where have you been!" my mother yelled when she saw me. Both my father and Kat put their phones down when my mother yelled.

"You guys were fighting last night so I went for a drive and slept in my car on the side of the road," I answered.

"On the side of the road like a hobo?" Kat asked, distaste written all over her face.

"I was in my car," I said and she wrinkled her nose, shaking her head slightly.

"Why can't you be more like Kat, she'd never stay out all night without calling," my mother mumbled and sat down on the sofa.

I looked at my father for help but he had the same expression as my mother, disappointment. They both wanted me to be more like Kat. That was never going to happen.

I shook my head and turned around before my father cleared his throat and I turned back to him. He was standing with his hand out, which meant I just lost my car keys. I walked over to him, slapping them into his hand before walking out of the room and upstairs to my bedroom.

I decided to check my voicemails and unread text messages from last night. As I guessed, most of them were from Kat and my parents, a few from Mel and Avery checking on me as they got calls from my parents asking if I was with them.

OMG where the fuck were you? - Mel

Parents fighting so I drove around and slept in my car in a parking lot - Hailey

Likely story, who's the guy? - Mel

No guy, I was alone - Hailey

This went on for quite some time before I was able to convince her that I was indeed alone, or at least before she finally dropped the subject.