Chapter 6

"It's your phone," I heard a familiar voice grumble next to me.

"I don't care, I'm not getting out of bed," I mumbled, putting the pillow over my head to drown out both Avery's voice and my annoying cell phone that kept ringing.

I felt her move next to me, practically sitting on me as she attempted to climb over me. She rifled through something on the floor before I heard her start talking.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked, looking at her from underneath my very comfortable pillow.

"Mel," Avery answered, sitting on the floor a few feet from me.

"Wait, is that my phone?" I asked, sitting up slightly, bringing the pillow with me.

"Well you weren't going to answer it and it was driving me nuts!" she cried then held up her index finger in my direction. I huffed at her giving me a "just a sec" motion and walked into her bathroom.

"Hey, Mel wants us to meet her at the diner in an hour," Avery said from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Oh like it will only take her an hour to get ready and be there," I said and rolled my eyes.  Knowing Mel she would take hours to do her hair and makeup, not to mention picking out what she was going to wear.

"She said she's been getting ready for over an hour so we should be good."

"Fine, I'm going to jump in the shower in the guest bedroom." I called and left her room.

I had a quick shower, happy to get the smell of sweat and beer off of me. When I finished and only dressed in a towel, I walked back into Avery's bedroom and into her closet. It took all but a minute before I found jeans and a basic t-shirt, walking back into her bedroom.

"Uh uh," she said when she entered her room from her bathroom, also only wearing a towel.

"What?" I asked innocently, trying to rush into her bathroom but she was too fast. She grabbed the clothes from my hand, went into her closet and when she emerged she was holing a pair of tight skinny jeans and a tight fitting sweater.

"What happened to the clothes I picked out?" I complained as she handed me the clothes, shoving me into the bathroom and shutting the door.

Once I finished dressing I looked at myself in the mirror and shook my head. The jeans were cute with the design on the back pockets but they were far too tight, and the sweater clung to me and showed off every curve I had.

"You realize it's winter and we should be dressing for it," I said and walked into her bedroom as she was slipping on her shoes.

"What? You're wearing a sweater," she smiled and I rolled my eyes. She did look good in her black leather, skin tight pants, camisole and open sweater. Avery always had great fashion sense, as did Mel, which they loved reminding me of when we went shopping or when they wanted me to dress in something they deemed okay.

I was surprised when we arrived at the diner and Mel was actually there before us, I'm not sure if that had ever happened before.

"Jeez Mel, think you got a big enough booth?" I asked and Avery and I slid into the seats across from Mel.

"Yeah, about that--" Mel started but was cut off by a male voice coming from the other side of the diner who was shouting her name.

"There you are!" the male's voice said and I stared at him as he sat in the booth next to Mel, putting his arm around her.

"What the--" I started but I was cut off when I looked up from Mel to meet those blue eyes. He was standing at the head of the table, our eyes locked and when I finally regained my composure, I turned to glare at Mel who looked at me innocently.