Chapter 10

To no one's surprise, the boys won the three bowling games we played.  The last game was close but we still lost, which Ryan gloated about the rest of the afternoon.  After bowling we went a few doors down to a restaurant, where Ryan annoyed me to no end about losing the game.

"Why isn't your boyfriend here, is he sick of you already?" Ryan asked me after we placed our order at the restaurant.

"At least I'm in a relationship, anyone you're with can't even survive the night," I snapped and he winced. 

"Oh they always enjoy the night," Ryan answered and smirked back at me.

"How was your date last night?" Avery asked, interrupting me from retaliating against what Ryan had just said.

"It was good.  He's such a good kisser," I answered and saw Ryan tense but quickly covered it up by glaring at me from across the table.  After last time at the diner, Ryan and I weren't allowed to sit next to each other, or at least that's what our friends said when we sat down at the table.

"I'm sure that's as far as he got with a prude like you," Ryan sneered.

"Better a prude than a slut," I responded, whipping my head to glare at Ryan, who was glaring back at me.

"Slut's are more fun."

"You would know."

"Are you calling me a slut?"

"Yes, you and your skank girls."

"So are they sluts or skanks?"

"Both," I answered and thankfully the food got here before he was able to respond.

"You keep eating like that and you'll get fat," Ryan said when I started eating my burger, then he continued, "oh wait you already are."

"Are you fucking kidding me!" I cried, throwing a fry at his head and lunging across the table at him.  I grabbed Ryan's shoulders and we both flew over his chair and I landed on top of him on the floor.

"If you wanted me on the floor all you had to do was ask," Ryan said after the impact and I hit his chest.  "No need for violence." He grabbed my wrist before I could hit his chest again.

"Like I would ever want you," I said, trying to stand and failing, falling back on top of him.

"Watch the boys, they're my pride and joy," Ryan said, moving my knee from between his legs and I blushed, not realizing I almost kneed him in the crotch.  I jumped to my feet and backed away from him, embarrassed and not sure of what to do now that I made a huge commotion in front of everyone.

"We can't take you two anywhere," Avery said shaking her head.  I sat back down in my seat and Ryan turned his chair back over and we did our best to fix the table and start eating again.

"I have an idea," Mel said after we finished eating and we were walking outside to our cars.  She ushered us into Colin's SUV and we headed up the mountain, stopping at Hunter's house to grab inner tubes. 

We spent the rest of the day sledding and despite Ryan and I annoying each other, including a few dares which included a race down the slope when I refused to race him, and having to go face first down the hill. 

"I dare you to push someone in the snowbank," Ryan whispered when we were at the top of the hill.  Mel and Hunter were walking up the hill and Colin and Avery just got to the bottom.  "Not me." he added when I was about to push him over.

"You're no fun," I whined and took off down the hill with Ryan hot on my heals.  When I reached the bottom Avery and Colin had just split up to walk back up the hill and I rushed over to Colin, knocking him into the snowbank.