Chapter 17

We had a great last night at the campsite, playing games in the woods and scaring the hell out of each other, but it was mostly everyone scaring the hell out of me but I still had a great time. We drank the rest of the booze, which I was surprised there was any left considering how much we'd been drinking for days.

Ryan and I even snuck away for a midnight swim after everyone had gone to sleep, and even though I was sore, we had sex in the shallow part of the lake on the beach. I thought it would be romantic like in the movies, turns out it was just cold and dirty.

The next morning we packed up camp and made the long trip home. Abby, Dylan, Ryan and I took Ryan's car, Ryan surprisingly handed Dylan the keys and got in the backseat with me while Abby sat in the passenger's seat.

We listened to music and talked the whole ride back to town, but Abby, Ryan and I periodically fell asleep. I woke up to Dylan and Ryan talking about the football team and the upcoming games. I moved slightly and felt Ryan's arm tighten around me and I smiled before I opened my eyes to see Ryan's chest in front of my face, my head on his shoulder.

"Sleep well?" Ryan whispered and I nodded, blushed and tried to hide my face in his shirt and he chuckled.

"We're at my house, your turn to drive dude," Dylan said and I sat up, suddenly cold from not having his warm body pressed against me. The boys unpacked some things in the trunk and I got out of the car to stretch my legs and Abby did the same. We talked a little bit as the boys unloaded Dylan's stuff, which turned out to be a lot of the camping gear we had.

"Come on girls," Ryan said as he got in the drivers seat.

"Why don't you take the front, I'm only down the street so I'll be getting out first," Abby said and slightly pushed me into the passengers seat.

"You just couldn't stay away from me huh?" Ryan asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You wish," I said and turned my head to look out the passengers side window so he wouldn't see me blush. After dropping Abby off, Ryan took my hand and we drove around town for awhile. We stopped at a fast food place and again took it up the mountain, parking his car in my typical parking spot and we got out with the food in our hands. We sat on the hood of his car, ate, talked, and looked out at the view of the city below us.

He leaned back and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me to him so my head was on his chest and I smiled. We stayed like that for a long time and we watched the sun set over the city.

"Come on, I'll take you home," he said and I nodded.

*~*~*~*

The next day at school Ryan and I were back to being enemies, at least in the eyes of everyone else. We kept the dares going, I wasn't really sure why but I liked doing them to him even when he retaliated. Because of Mel and Hunter dating, we were again sitting at the popular table and when I sat down I looked over to see I was sitting beside Ryan, I glared at him.

"There is nowhere else to sit so suck it up," Avery told me as she watched me attempt to stand.

"I don't want to sit next to him!" I cried and Ryan laughed.

"Like I want to sit near you!" Ryan cried as he leaned away from me. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. Under the table he put his hand on my thigh and was rubbing circles and I put my hand under the table as well and we interlaced our fingers together.

"Why do you have to be such a jackass?" I asked, keeping up the charade of us being enemies and he rolled his eyes and looked away but squeezed my hand under the table.

Everyone talked about the parties that were happening this weekend but I blocked them out and ate my lunch.

The rest of the week went about the same, Ryan and I were good at keeping our cover of being enemies, we had almost a year of experience of it. Every night we met at our spot and sat on the hood of one of our cars, cuddling, sometimes having sex and other times just enjoying each other's company.