~Chapter 33

I explained everything to him. Well... maybe not the kiss part or last night but, you get the point. I was trying hard not to cry. I hated crying in front of anybody, especially Paul.

I felt really guilty. The look on his face says it all. His expression was a mixture of disappointment, longing, anger and jealousy. It made me want to crawl in a hole; I felt so bad.

"Look, Paul, I understand if you hate me or if you never want to see me again, but, I'm just really sorry."

He pulled me into a hug I wasn't expecting. "Oh, Julia, I could never hate ye. I'd always respect an decision ye make. Yer my best friend. Just remember that."

I smiled. "The same goes to you." I hugged him again. With my arms still around him, I put my feet on the couch and placed my head on his chest. He put my arms around my shoulder

We watched a bit of television together before it was time for him to leave. He kissed me goodbye and I walked him to the door. I waved, and he blew me a kiss when he turned a corner.

~**~

"All right!" I shouted.

Mom yelled at me for being up "way too late" on a school night. I got into bed. I made sure mom was in her room, so I wouldn't get yelled at again.

I turned on my table lamp and pulled out my book, The Chronicles Of Narnia. It was one of my favorite series when I was younger. I haven't read it in quite a while, so I thought I would tonight.

I was more than a quarter way through the book when all of a sudden there was a small bang against my window. Almost as if it was hit by something. I got up from under the covers to investigate.

There was another bang against the window. Then another. As I got closer, I saw that they were little pebbles.

I looked out my window and saw a silhouette standing outside my window. It looked like the person was carrying a guitar on their back. There was only one person that could be.

I opened up the window and looked out over the edge. I shivered since I was only wearing T-shirt and shorts. "George," I sort of whispered and shouted, "Is that you?"

"Yeah it is. Can ye come out?"

"I don't know, but, George, it's," I looked at my clock, "1:30 in the morning. I'll get in trouble."

I could tell by the way his head was tilted, that he was giving me his puppy dog eyes. I couldn't even see him and I still couldn't say no.

"All right, fine. I'll be out in a couple of minutes." I left my window and walked to my closet. I just picked a random shirt and sweatpants. I lifted my shirt up past my stomach when I remembered that George was watching. "Not this time," I said. I smirked and shut the window and curtains.

I changed and quickly brushed my hair. I put on some ChapStick and went to my mom's room. I cracked open the door and peeked in. She was under the covers and I could hear a little snoring. I slowly closed the door and crept downstairs. I grabbed a few crackers for George and I to share.

I walked down the porch and George was waiting there. "Want one?" I offered, hading him a cracker. I popped on in my mouth when he did. "So, what'd you want to see me about."

I could see him blush a little under the darkened sky. "I just wanted to see ye. Spend time with ye."

I felt my cheeks go red. I hope he couldn't see. "Aw. You get a free cracker." He laughed and I handed him a cracker. "Sorry if I'm being really awkward right now, I'm just not sure how to react to stuff like this."

He laughs. "It's fine. It's actually kind of cute."

Now I knew he could see my red cheeks. I looked at my shoes so he couldn't see. "Aw stop. You're just saying that." Although, I knew he wasn't.

"I'm really not. The way ye look at yer shoes. Yer cheeks go really red," he spoke. I wanted to kiss him right now, but I know I probably shouldn't.

"Stop it, you." I finished off the crackers and wiped the crumbs off my hands. "Hey where are we going, anyway?"

"I was following ye."

"I was following you." We both laughed.

"Let's just go to the park, then."

"Fine with me."

~**~

We sat under the big tree that I'm always on. We just talked about normal things. Things new and things old.

We moved into the grass and laid under the stars. My head was resting on his shoulder and his arm around me.

"They're beau'iful, the stars. Ye know what they remind me of?"

"What?"

"Yer eyes."

"Really?"

"Yeah... they have that special glisten in them. They shine like the stars do, but yers shine brighter."

I couldn't help but smile. Now I really wanted to kiss him. "Oh my god, you're making blush so bad right now."

He laughed. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"I'm leaning more towards good." He smirked. He started playing with my hair. "You know I really want to kiss you right now, right?"

"Oh I know."

"Do you now?"

"It's just funny to see ye try not to."

"You know what? Screw it!" I pushed my lips onto his and kissed him. He kissed back immediately. My hands went through his greased up hair. His hand trailed down my back, slowly. When it got too far, I stopped his hand and smiled in the kiss. He did, too.

I pulled out and said, "I've missed that."

He pulled me closer. "I did, too."

~**~

"I had a nice time tonight. Thank you."

"My pleasure."

I hugged him and opened the door. "Bye."

"Bye."

I took off my shoes and slowly and quietly went up the stairs. I changed back into my pajamas because my outfit had dirt on it.

I laid on my bed, unable to sleep. Tonight was fun.

I may feels good now, but I'm going to feel worse tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***********************************~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all if any of my lil bacon bits read my captions comment fiddlesticks :*