24. So Like A Rose (Finale)

So this marks the very end of Elite Way. I hope you all enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it up for you guys.

I kind of feel like I want to continue the story forever, but alas, it must come to an end.

I want to thank you all for the kind comments and the support you've given me. I also want to thank you for the 21K+ comments. Also, I want to thank you all for the 30K reads on Absolutely Forbidden. It means the world to me.

And if you haven't checked out Absolutely Forbidden, please go do so. Hint hint.

Anyway, thank you again. I love you all.

xoxo,

Pornoskians

-

24. So Like a Rose (Finale)

-

I'm never letting go.

-

Running.

Our feet hit the sidewalk in sync as we moved farther away from the entrance to both our schools.

I had no idea where we were going.

But it wasn't as if I wouldn't go anywhere with him anyway.

Our breathing was quick, we were both already tired. But we weren't stopping.

We finally stopped a few blocks away, in a local park, which was deserted due to the fact that it was early morning and everyone was at school. Tired, we plopped down on the swings, breathing heavily and trying to catch our breaths.

Then there was silence.

Why isn't he saying anything?

He turned towards me slowly, "You...are a stupid woman." He said angrily. "Making a petition to save a school you don't even go to. Who even does that?" He scolded.

I got up from my seat on the swing to stand directly in front of him. "I had to do something." I defended myself. "If Locke #7 really gets closed down I'll never see you again." I let out a sigh, "Ever since that first day we met...I always wanted to meet you." It had always been my dream to meet the boy from the entrance exams, my first love.

He gripped onto the chain that held up the swing as he seemed to be remembering something. His knuckles looked white due to his strong grip and he said, without looking at me. "You should hear my version of the story..." His head tilted up slowly, his eyes meeting mine. "I wanted to meet you too. That day, I remember, you sat next to me. I heard things being moved around and loud clattering noises. You were freaking out about not having an eraser...and I remember thinking 'I didn't realize they were allowing bimbos to take the placement test this year'. You were making such a fuss over it and eventually I found you entertaining to watch." He explained.

I blushed, "Really?" Was I really so loud and annoying that day?

He nodded, "Then I had to give up on Elite Way because my parents were getting divorced and I didn't feel like trying anymore. So I flipped sides and joined Locke #7. But I always hoped I could meet you again."

I just watched him in awe. He looked almost shy with his uniform blazer sleeves rolled up and his head leaning on the chain of the swing as he also watched me. "Uh..." Was all I could manage to utter.

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "That means I was serious about what I said earlier. I love you...and I know you love me too."

It was true. I did love him, more than anything. "Well...can I...always be by your side?" I asked him in a small voice, my face reddening once more.