Elite Way -- Behind the Story

Yah, I keep posting stuff on here. But since we’re just a few hundred reads away from 50K, I thought it would be fun to tell you guys why it is I named the schools the way I named them, or why I named the characters. 

I hope you find this interesting.

Please give it a big vote for me.

Thank you for every single ounce of support you’ve given me. It has meant everything to me, I can tell you that.

xoxo,

Pornoskians.

-

ELITE WAY -- BEHIND THE STORY

SCHOOLS

Basically this is a tidbit of my mind. Here, I explained why I named the schools that way. Please enjoy.

1. ELITE WAY - This one is pretty simple. I named Elite Way after a really good soap opera I used to watch religiously when I was in middle school. It was called ‘Rebelde’ and all the main characters went to a school called ‘Elite Way’. Basically, the kids who went to Elite Way were rich and a lot of them were snobby, just like the people in my story. I also based it, in part, on the High School I went to. We were considered the best school in the area and we wore uniforms to school everyday, which is highly uncommon for a high school in Los Angeles. But we were a private, so I guess that justified it. The lower schools didn’t like us because apparently they said we looked snobby. Our school had perfect grades and no one ever got into fights. It was truly a nice place to spend four years of high school. The uniform they wear is also reminiscent of the soap opera Rebelde. 

2. LOCKE #7 - Believe it or not, I named this school after an actual school. Yes, Locke #7 exists, guys. Only they changed their school name a few years ago. Basically, I got the name for this one when I remembered something a substitute teacher I had in 9th grade told us when he was at our school. His exact words. “This school is so clean and well kept, you all are so well mannered. I was a substitute at Locke #7 just a few days ago and it was a huge difference. That place looks like a jail and every single student there is a delinquent. One of them even tried to stab me! I am never going back there again.” Any of that sound familiar? The uniforms for Locke are based off of Rebelde's third season black and plaid uniforms.

3. HOLMES ROAD - I named Bethanny Quinn’s ‘turf’, per say, after a street a couple of blocks away from my house. There is an actual street named Holmes Road in my area. And since I needed a nice name for the second place school in Melbourne, I decided on this one day when I was going grocery shopping with my mum. Holmes is actually a really nice street. The entirety of it is lined with tall palm trees. It is just beautiful. The uniforms for Holmes kids are based off the uniforms from the San Bartolome school in the soap opera Camaleones.

So there you have it.

Detailed explanations as to how I named the schools in my story.

Thank you for reading,

ily.

Pornoskians.