Goodbye My Dear Old Friend

Josh's P.O.V

It's been 2 months since I've seen her. I didn't even see her come pick up her stuff. For all i know, they could of have been picked up by the garbage man.
The band and I have been working an a new album, Astoria. Completely inspired by the hurt in my Amanda caused. Ah, and The Goonies, too. Mike, Matt and Ian have been so supportive through it all for me. We've completely wrote the whole album in my old penthouse. I needed to move out to throw away all the memories of her. I still love her. I need to get away from her. I thought to myself every now and then. Then I remember everything she put me through. The pain, the heartache, the hate.
The album helped me release all the anger, sadness and love I still have for her. I'm exited for the album to come out, but it's so personal compared to other Marianas music. It's my diary, open and exposed for everyone to witness. Ever her.
I had all my closest friends, family and even Bennie on the album. This is the end of this era, and this is the final closer.
"Josh!" Matt called from my bedroom.
"Matt, get your ass in here! This is the recording area! What the hell are you doing!" I got up and walked over to my room.
"Josh, look at this view! You are so high up! You know what we should do?" Matt said, with a smirk.
"Push you off?" I said jokingly.
"No, dumbass! We should light lanterns and right little notes underneath and let them float in the air!" Matt knew I loved to do stupidities like this. How could I decline?
"Yeah! Come on, let's go to the store!" I got my car keys and ran to the car with Matt, without telling my other hard-working friends.
In sure time, we were back in the apartment.
"Josh, where the hell did you go?! We were looking for you!" Ian called, obviously upset.
"Calm your shit, we got lanterns!" I smiled.
"You're forgiven, Ramsay!" Mike said, excitingly.
"Let's go light them up!" Matt yelled, while running out on my porch. I and everyone else followed.
"Okay everyone, this is how you do it!" Matt picked up a pen and wrote 'I See you' on it, lit it up, and let it go.
"Imagine the persons face this thing falls on!" Everyone laughed.
God I love these guys.
Ian picked up a pen and also wrote 'Were watching you!' And set the lantern free. His didn't go far, it fell on a woman's head directly under us. As soon as she looked up, we ducked.
My turn. I picked up a pen and wrote 'you better run, I'm after you' and set it off. I was exited to see where that one would go.
"Now. Everyone, take your pen and write one thing you would love to send away with the lantern" Matt said.
Everyone was quite, writing on their lantern.
Ian was first to finish. He lit it up and sent it away. This time, it flew high in the air.
Mike and Matt soon followed along with Sarah and Brett.
I looked down at my lantern and read my chicken scribble 'Goodbye Amanda. My dear, old friend.' I lit my lantern and it blew away with the wind. With no other words, I walked back inside, determined to finish this album.