Fight For Something

Josh's Pov

I was so happy with what she said. She's ok with being friends. That's amazing. All I needed was a good, understanding friend. Maybe she'd help me through this? I'm sure she can.
"Thank you" I said to her, smiling and pulling her into a hug.
"Don't thank me, it's my duty as a friend to help. She smiled and hugged me back.
We hugged for what felt like forever, until she needed to go to the bathroom to freshen up.
I showed her where the bathroom was, and gave her some clean clothes to change into.
While she was in there, I cooked up breakfast.
Eggs and bacon says friends, right? I hope so.
After a good 20 minutes of being in the bathroom, she walked out.
"Woah, what did I do to deserve breakfast?" She asked me.
I chuckled "you're an amazing friend" I said. She smiled.
She set the table as I finished the cooking.
We are together in near silence, with a few little chats here and there.
What just happened was awkward, it really was.
While she was doing dishes, I heard a knock at the door.
"I'll get it!" She yelled and threw me the rag. Kind of odd she's willing to answer my door, but I shrugged it off.
She opened the door without looking through the peep hole.
"Hi, welcome to the Ramsay's apartment
how can I hel-" her voice went from joyful to silent.
I walks over to see Amanda in the doorway giving Alex the death stare.
"Josh. A word." She said furiously, still glaring at Alex.
Alex backed away from the door, and walked back to the kitchen sink.
I stepped out to talk to Amanda.
"What is it? Why are you scaring away my-"
She cut me off.
"Girlfriends?!"
"What? No! God, can I not have a single female friend?!" I said back nearly screaming.
She walked into my apartment and went over to Alex.
"Um h-hi..." Alex said, I heard the caution in her voice.
"Why are you wearing Josh's clothes." She asked.
"I stayed the n-night and-"
You. Stayed. The. Night." Amanda was now steaming from her ears. This was gonna get ugly.
"Amanda, leave." I said trying to sound threatening.
"You bitch! You sleep with my fucking ex right after a break up?!" She pushed Alex against the wall.
Dear god.
"I-I didn't sleep with h-him" Alex said, obviously scared.
"Amanda, get off of her, you need to leave!" I shouted at her.
She slapped Alex across the face.
"You bitch! You slut! Skank!! How would you?!" She scream at her.
Alex was close to tears.
I pulled Amanda off her.
"Get out!" I scream.
She pushed me back, or at least tried.
"You asshole! You fucking douche bag!" She yelled.
"You slept with that whore right after we broke up! I'm going to ruin you, Joshua Ramsay." I heard the hatred in her voice. As soon as she walked over to Alex, I pulled her back, stoping her.
"Don't go near her." I said standing my grounds.
Amanda grabbed her phone and call the police. She was breaking down crying, and it was all a scene.
"Officer! My ex b-boyfriend is a-abusing me! I need H-help!" She yelling incomprehensibly into the phone due to her tears.
"What? I didn't hit you?!" I yelled at her.
Before I knew it, the police were at my apartment asking us all questions.
"So what happened here, sir?" He asked me.
"My ex, Amanda, came over in a bad mood. I had my friend, Alex over and she walked over to her and smacked her across the face for sleeping with me. Which isn't true. I didn't want her hitting Alex, so I pushed her away. Not to the point where she was hurt, more like held her back. I asked her to leave but she wouldn't." I told him.
I had no idea what Amanda was saying, but that's the truth and Alex saw what happened.
"Ok thank you. We'll be on our way" the officer told me.
They escorted Amanda out of the apartment and everyone was gone.
Except for Alex.
It was silent.
We were both silent.