You Can See Now

Hanks POV

I walked with Scott outside so I can give him his new glasses. I saw Hayden under a tree reading.

"The lens are made up of some ruby quarts my sister had lying around. They should be able to refract your optic beams and keep them contain within their own vector fields." I gave Scott his glasses. "Try them on." He nodded. He look off his bandage and put on his new glasses that I created. Not quite bad as I say myself. "Okay, go ahead." I looked up and saw students playing. "Wait, wait. Sorry no." I moved him towards the trees. "Okay."

"Now?"

"Yeah, you're good."

"Alright." I stood behind him. "Whoa." I'm guessing he can see now. "I can see." Thank you Hayden for the rubies. "Thank you. Professor, thank you. You're a genius."

"No, I'm...not a professor." I looked down on the ground. "I wish." I whispered to myself.

"Who's that?" Scott asked. I turned around and saw once again Hayden reading.

"I believe you two met, that my sister, Hayden McCoy. You bumped into her when you arrived."

"Wait, that's her?"

"Yeah." I'm sensing a vibe from him and I don't like it. Mouth drop to the ground, I feel like his eyes looking up and down at her.

Hayden's POV

I spent my time under a tree reading a book. Stupid romantic books that Jubilee wants me to read so we can talk about it. I'm towards the end of the book. I put a book mark and put in my bag.

"Hey." I looked up to See Scott. I looked around in case he was talking to someone else. Is he talking to me?

"You can see now." Really Hayden! That's all you had to say! What about a hey or something!

" Really Hayden! That's all you had to say! What about a hey or something!

"Yeah, your brother made these. It's not as bad as I thought here."

"Freak. Someone should warn that new kid." I heard Jasmine say.

"They're still scared of me. Hey, I have special glasses now!" He yelled at them. I chuckled at him.

"They're not scared of you. They're scared of me." I told him. He turned to see me. "You're not the only one who can't fully control your powers."

"Wait, so... Last night, when the house shook... It was you?" I gave him a shy smile.

"No, that was my friend Jean Gray. I have telekinesis." I got up from the ground. "Sorry to break it you, but you are not the biggest freak of this school."