Many Years Later

All the Xmen are grown up, I have lost everything. We all still go to the school, we actually teach there now. I pretend to be happy in front of the others, I can't make them worry about me.

"Hey Summers, where you going?" Jeans asked me as I had my bag in my hands.

"Clear my mind."

"Oh, okay." She stood quiet. I walked to the front door and Logan appeared.

"You can't just pretend everything is okay." He shut the door in my face.

"Really? Trying seeing your dead ex girlfriend in your arms, try to bring her back, and now seeing her everyday in your head that exact day!"

"You don't think Hank is the same?"

"Logan, get out of my way."

"If I don't?"

"Trust me." I pushed him out of my way. I got on my motorcycle and drove to the farthest lake. I made it and I walked to the rocks. I looked at the water.

Scott

I turned around and saw nothing. It's just in your head Scott.

Scott

The same voice sang my name. I looked around and saw nothing. I walked back to my motorcycle and drove into the woods. It started to rain.

"Shit!"

Scott! Scott! Can you hear me! I love you.

I had flashbacks of Hayden. I had enough of that voice.

"Stop! What! I'm here! What do you want?!" I screamed out loud. I took off my glasses and red beam came out of my eyes, destroying all the trees around me. I heard rustling behind me. I slowly turned back and saw Hayden.

"Hayden?" I whispered

"Hayden?" I whispered. She looked up at me. She was beautiful. "It's me." I pointed at myself. She didn't say a word. She slowly came up to me. It all felt real. But she did. She was there. How can she be here? We threw a funeral for her.

"Scott?" Her voice was so soft. It felt like a dream.

"How?" I walked up to her.

"What do you mean?" She gave me a confused look.

"You're dead."

"No." Hayden was still 18, the way she died. The same clothes, the same blood spot under her nose, the dried up blood on her cheek were still there. I didn't care about if it was all a dream or real, I went up and kissed her. She pulled back. "I want to see your eyes."

"What? No."

"Take these off." She grabbed my glasses but I stopped her.

"Hayden no."

"Trust me, I can help you." I stood still and she took them off. I had my eyes closed as she did that. "Open them."

I opened my eyes and my powers were gone

I opened my eyes and my powers were gone. As I opened my eyes, Hayden was gone. I fell to my knees and cried. I heard another motorcycle come up.

"Scott." Logan came up and help me. "Here, to these back on." He grabbed my glasses out of my hands and put them back on. "Can you tell me what the fuck just happened here?"

"I saw Hayden."

"Hayden?" He looked at me. "There's no fucking way you saw her, she died 10 years ago! We put her body in a casket and she 6 feet under us at the school."

"Shut up!" I yelled at him. "All I came here is for peace and quiet! All of you have been asking after 10 years if I'm still okay! Peter dropped out of school because I still had feelings for her and he had enough of me crying over her! Hank hasn't been talking to me since 5 years ago! Jean, Jubilee, and Storm have been treating me like it was yesterday! And Kurt! Kurt still prays for Hayden everyday fucking night!" I started to yell. "And you! You have been suck a dick about it! Every single time someone has brought her up, you act like you don't even know her! Hayden loved you! Hayden trusted you! She trusted all of us! She got our backs and saved us all and what do we do?" There's was a long pause. "WE KILLED HER! My hand slipped! Jean didn't catch her on time! Nobody helped!"

"Hey Scott, it's okay."

"You see it's not okay! I lost the one person! The only person I loved! She was taken away from me! I did nothing. She counted on us." Logan stood there in shock, "I'm going back to the school." I gathered my things and headed to the school. I slammed the door behind me.

"Scott? Is everything okay?" Storm asked me. I just smiled.

"No actually." I snapped. "I'm not okay! It's been 10 years since my ex girlfriend died! I still cry about it today! Is that what you want to hear?" Jean held Storm no I just went to my room. I punched the wall and sighed. I heard a knock. "Come in." Hank came in. He stayed the Beast ever since the accident. He thought it was the best not to have another problem in his mind,

"I've heard that you had a scene at the main room?"

"Yeah."

"I have to say, that is not acceptable in this school." I sighed.

"You know what? I'm sorry. I'm sorry i snap."

"You're not saying sorry to me."

"Hayden-"

"Hayden had nothing to do with this! Okay! Hayden is dead and there is nothing to bring her back." Hank snap at me. "You're not the only one that lost everything." He walked away. I sat down on my bed and groan. Why do I do this to myself?