Few years later

I'm about 16 years old. I laid down on my bed listening to my vinyls and reading my book for an assignment. I had the whole room for myself, and I loved it. It's been a few years since I've been here and I kinda got the handle of my powers, but I still can't control them. I heard a knock on the door, I turned down the record player and open the door.

"Hey Hayden!" Hank said to me. I looked at the right of him and saw girl about my age, looking terrified. "I want you meet Jean Grey, your roommate." He smiled. Jean walked in the room and looked around with her eyes.

"Hi I'm Hayden!" I stick out my hand. She took it and we shook hands.

"I'm Jean." She shyly smiled.

"Well girls, I have to run. Someone is here to see me. I'll leave you two here and get to know each other, okay?" Hank kissed my forehead and closed the door.

"Is that your father?"

"No, Hank is my brother." I sat down on my bed. Jean then sat down to the one across from me. "What's your ability?" I asked Jean.

"Actually, I don't know." We both sat there quietly. My legs swinging from the bed and I smiled. "What's yours?"

"Telekinesis." I told her. "Jean, you know your safe right?"

"I know. I just miss my parents." She sadly looked down at her feet. "Um, Hayden?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you help where are these classes?" She gave me her schedule and I looked through it. I smiled as I looked at the paper.

"Of course! We have all the same classes!" I got her to smile. I got my stuff ready to go to my class and Jean grabbed a notebook and a pen. We both walked through the halls.

"What is it like? Being here?" She asked me.

"It feels like home actually. I feel like I belong here." We walked in the room and took our seats. Jean decided to sit next to me.

Break Time

I walked to my brothers room and saw him fixing something. I smiled as I walked towards him.

"Hayden, aren't you supposed to be in class?" He looked up. I sat down across from him.

"It's break, Hank

"It's break, Hank." I took off my bag and set it off aside and pulled out a sandwich that I got from the cafeteria.

"I thought you would be with Jean?"

"Some girls took her from me. I don't care, she's making friends." I took a bite from my sandwich.

"Do you think that you should be hanging with them then me?" He looked at me. "I would think that you'll be embarrassed by now, sitting here and talking to me."