Chapter One: When We Met the Fosters.

Jasmine's P.O.V

My little brother and I are at the kitchen sink doing the dirty dishes from tonight's dinner, waiting to see if Callie will show up and get us out of this hellhole.

Hi, my name is Jasmine Jacob. I have a little brother who's name is Jude and is eleven years old; I have an older sister named Callie sixteen years old - who unfortunately doesn't live with us at the moment, because of her going to juvenile detention protecting my little brother because he tried on our foster dad ex-wives' dresses. Jude had the crap beaten out of him and Callie did something about it. She told me she would handle it, that she didn't want me to get hurt if he knew that I knew.

There's a quick knock at the door and our foster dad goes to answer it, "Hurry with them damn dishes!"

Jude and I continue doing the dishes at a quicker pace, but only one thought goes through my head: I should see who is at the door. Before I could even get a look to see who was at the door, I saw Callie round the corner into view. Thank god she's here!

I open my mouth to tell her something when she cuts me off with her index finger rushing to her lips in a shushing movement; showing to be quiet, not like we have a choice. We seriously need to get the hell out of this place, but I guess our attempts to be quiet were in vain as our foster dad turns away from the front door only to see Callie standing in the house. Why does our life have to be so goddamn hard?

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!", our foster father yelled.

"I'm only here because I wanted to talk to Jude and Jaz."
He kept on yelling at her, stating that she can't be in this house and to get out. I have never been so scared in my life - well, that's not true, but that's not the point. I have told no one yet but ever since Callie away I have been the one to stand up for Jude and instead of the pathetic excuse of a foster dad taking it out on my little brother, he would hit me instead, but Jude tried to help me although it was no use of him trying. It's like a little code that we have; we all look out for one another no matter what.

Jonathan, our foster dad, kept trying to push Callie out of the back door, but then the person who was at the front door comes in trying to stop what was going on. Although that was also in vain as my foster dad quickly goes to the drawer where he keeps his gun. Holy fucking shit! What the hell is going to happen? I really hope that nothing bad happens to anyone. All they were trying to do was to help us.

Before anything escalates to a serious degree, a female cop barges through the door yelling at Johnathon, our foster father, to drop the gun and to get on the ground, then another cop who was male rushes through the front door, ready to cuff him and take him away. Callie runs up to us and hugs us both extremely tightly. Making my back hurt like hell, but I tried not to show it. Callie thoroughly checked to see if we both were okay, which we both were - if not a bit scared. From where the lady cop stood, I saw out of the corner of my eye she gave us a sympathetic look.
Jude, Callie and I out of the house with one bag each that some of our stuff in it; not like we have much since we have been to six different foster homes, but unfortunately we still haven't found our forever home yet.

We went to a car, silently and patiently waiting to leave. I look behind me through the backseat window to see our foster dad being shoved into the back of a cop car, ready to go to the police station. I am so glad to be out of that house.

Two ladies casually got into the car and that boy that was at the front door sat next to Jude.
"Skippy, my brother used to have that backpack."

A ghost of a smiler appeared on my face at that. Jude doesn't really talk to people that much, so I'm glad that he had actually said something. They then drove away us down roads, places that looked unfamiliar. We'll most likely be going to somebody's house, presumably one lady' house. Now I feel bad because I don't know any of their names, but I guess we will find out what their names are soon enough.