Why Would I Care?

Ashton walked into work the next day with a smug smile.

"Morning." Ashton called as he went to his desk. He set his and Luke's coffee down and took a seat. He checked the time. He had ten minutes before Luke would be there. He hurriedly put a zip drive into his computer and pulled up a file labeled marketing budget. He started to print the pages and sat back with a smile. Luke would be thrilled at what Ashton had found. Or at least he hoped.

Ashton retrieved the papers from the printer and went to Luke's office.

"Braxton, I'm surprised to see here on time." Luke commented as he walked in.

"I told you I wouldn't be late." Ashton said holding out the papers and Luke's coffee.

"What's this?" Luke sneered down at the pages.

"The marketing budget for the last three years for Gucci. It shows where every dime has gone. They've been mass producing out of China instead of Indonesia for the last year. They've been falsifying their labels. That's how they've been able to manipulate the budget." Ashton explained as Luke flipped through the pages.

"Ashton, this is incredible. This is exactly what we needed." Luke smiled widely.

Ashton grinned at the use of his name.

"How exactly did you get this?" Luke asked tossing a curious glance at Ashton.

"After she fell asleep I went into her computer." Ashton explained.

"Wasn't it locked?" Luke frowned.

"Yes, but I found a book with all her passwords written on it in one of her desk drawers." Ashton answered.

"Did you stay all night?" Luke asked looking away from Ashton.

"Yes." Ashton nodded.
At that moment Ashton's phone rang.

"It's her." Ashton said pulling out his phone.

"Speaker." Luke snapped.

Ashtonnodded before answering the call.

"Hey baby."

"Ashy, I miss you. When is your flight today?" Leliana whined into the receiver.

"One." Ashton chuckled.

"Ugh, mine is at eleven. I have to go with this super annoying guy. I'd much rather go with you." Leliana huffed.

"I'd rather go with you too baby. But look, I've gotta go, I'll talk to you later, okay?" Ashton said noticing Luke's look.

"Wait, have you seen Luke yet? Is he pissed?" Leliana asked.

"Ummm, I really can't say right now." Ashton shifted nervously.

"That's a yes." Leliana giggled.

"I'll see you tonight, baby." Leliana cooed.

"Alright, bye." Ashton hung up and looked over at Luke.

"Sorry, she-"

"Are you two dating?" Luke cut in.

"Y-yes." Ashton nodded.

"Do you really like her?" Luke asked feeling his anger towards Leliana grow.

"I'm starting to, yeah." Ashton answered.

"Hmm." Luke said turning away. He didn't want to risk Ashton seeing the jealousy he was clearly feeling.

"Is it okay that I'm dating her?" Ashton asked.

"Why would I care?" Luke snapped.

Ashton only shrugged.

"Go make sure everything is ready for our flight." Luke said waving a dismissive hand.

Ashton left without a word. There was no way Luke had any kind of feelings for Ashton. He had purposefully asked Luke if it was okay he and Leliana were together to guage his reaction. But he reacted the way he reacted to everything, like he couldn't be less interested.

*AN*
Super short update!