Why?

Ashton and Luke finished dinner. It was an oddly pleasant dinner. They talked about Leliana and plans for Gucci. They talked about rock jumping and snorkeling. It was easy conversation which Ashton had been thankful for. It also helped that Luke had loosened up after a couple drinks.

"Okay, next." Ashton smiled standing. Truth was he was incredibly nervous about this next part. He wasn't sure how receptive Luke would be but he held out his hand and waited.

"What are we doing?" Luke asked taking Ashton's hand and allowing Ashton to help him to his feet.

"You'll see." Ashton smiled leading Luke down a couple of steps and to the dancefloor.

"Oh, no, I don't dance." Luke said trying to pull away.

"It's easy I'll show you." Ashton said pulling Luke into him.

Ashton placed Luke's hand on Ashton's waist and slid is arm around Luke.

Luke felt his breath hitch. He loved the way Ashton held him close to his chest.

"Now, just follow my lead." Ashton smiled.

Luke looked into Ashton's eyes as he started to move. Ashton lead Luke around gently their eyes never once separating. Ashton then let go of Luke's waist twirling him out gently before pulling him back in causing a surprised giggle from Luke.

Ashton and Luke danced around effortlessly for the remainder of the song.

"Excuse me." An older lady interrupted.

"You two are just the most adorable couple." She gushed.

"Oh, no, we aren't together." Luke and Ashton chorused.

The lady smiled.

"You two belong together." She winked before disappearing.

Ashton laughed gently shaking his head as the next song started.

"I guess we should have seen that coming." Luke cleared his throat a bit.

"Well I did buy you dinner." Ashton winked as he lead Luke to dancing again.

"Is that your way of telling me this was a date?" Luke joked but his heart was pounding.

"Is that your way of asking if this was a date?" Ashton giggled.
It was like music to Luke's ears. Luke laughed not responding.

"This couldn't be a date, you weren't willing. I had to force you. Plus I'd be too afraid to date you." Ashton smiled shyly.

"Afraid? Why?" Luke asked looking at Ashton with a slight frown.

"I couldn't imagine having to plan a date for you. There is no way I could impress Luke Hemmings." Ashton chuckled spinning Luke out and back.

As Luke reconnected with Ashton's chest he looked into his green eyes.

"You impressed me today." Luke said with a sincerity he'd never felt before.

Ashton's dimples dug deep into his cheeks as he smiled widely.

"In fact you impress me often." Luke said loving the feel of this new honesty. He wasn't sure if it was cause of the alcohol or the environment or the fact that he was in Ashton's arms but he didn't have anything bitter or angry to say in fact the blush on Ashton's cheeks and smile that reached his eyes made Luke want to compliment him even more.

"Just trying to do my job." Ashton said looking down. At that moment the song ended.

"Let's get drinks, I'm hot." Ashton said pulling away from Luke much to the blonde's dismay.