I do try

Ashton felt his jaw drop.

"Y-you what?" Ashton didn't expect to hear those words come out of Luke's mouth.

"I know I probably shouldn't be telling you this but..." Luke sighed.

"I don't think I could bare to lose you, especially not to Michael." Luke bit his lip.

"I- I don't understand." Ashton frowned.

"There's something about you, I just..." Luke let his sentence trail off.

"H-how? You didn't even know my name until a week ago." Ashton said still frowning.

"I've always known your name. I just call people by the wrong name to keep them at a distance." Luke said looking down.

"Luke, I-I don't know what to say." Ashton spoke honestly.

"There's nothing to say. I just...I wanted you to know." Luke said trying to put his hard ass front back on.

"Well, you were honest with me so I'll be honest with you." Ashton took a deep breath.

"I've been denying my feelings for you but after last night I knew I was falling for you and I got scared, that was a big part of why I was considering Michael's offer." Ashton held his breath as he waited for Luke's response.

The blonde's face lit up as he smiled. He then closed the gap between him and Ashton as he pulled him in to a kiss.

The kiss was slow and sweet, nothing like anything they'd shared before.

"I love the way you taste." Ashton whispered into Luke's mouth.

Luke smiled into the kiss.

At that moment Ashton's phone rang causing the two to jump apart startled.

"It's Calum." Ashton sighed answering the call.

"Hey, Cal, I know I've been ignoring you all day, I'm sorry."

"I'm still at the office. Yes Luke is here. Can we talk about this later please?"

"I'll call you later."

Ashton hung up and turned to Luke.

"So wait, the guy you told me you were interested in....that was..."

"You, yes." Luke nodded.

Ashton bit his lip in embarrassment.

"I'll had no idea."

"Leliana told me she tried telling you." Luke said gauging Ashton's reaction.

"Yeah, she and Calum both. Then Michael but I didn't believe them. I never would have thought...." Ashton blushed.

"You're pretty oblivious." Luke chuckled.

"So wait, Leliana really dated me to piss you off cause you liked me." Ashton said with realization.

"Yes, and she did a damn good job." Luke spoke between grit teeth.

"I'm sorry, I never meant to take part on posing you off." Ashton apologized.

"It's okay, you didn't know." Luke smiled.

"So...where does this leave us?" Ashton asked nervously after a moment of silence.

"I don't know." Luke shifted nervously.

"I-I'm not good at relationships." Luke admitted.

"Is that what you want?" Ashton asked a smile tugging at his lips.

"All I know is that I want you." Luke said putting a hand on Ashton's cheek.

"Then I'm yours." Ashton smiled at Luke.

Luke grinned before pulling Ashton into a gentle kiss.

"Can I take you to dinner?" Luke asked pulling back from Ashton's lips.

"Are you asking me on a date?" Ashton asked smiling.

"I'm trying to, like I said I'm not good with relationships." Luke chuckled.

"I'd love to go out with you."

Luke smiled, his dimples digging into his cheeks. He grabbed his things and lead Ashton to the lobby.

Before they went through the door Ashton stopped.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked stopping as well.

"Are-are we telling people?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah, why would we keep it a secret?" Luke frowned.

"I just didn't know if you would be embarrassed to be seen with me." Ashton shrugged.

"Why would I be embarrassed to be seen with you?"

"I'm just your assistant. You're Luke Hemming, CEO of Versace." Ashton said biting his lip.

"You're Ashton Irwin, the guy who single handedly took down Leliana Branwell." Luke smiled.

Ashton grinned too but the smile didn't reach his eyes. He still felt like Luke would be embarrassed to tell people they were together.

"Leaving early Ashton?" Karen asked as he stepped into the lobby.

"Oh, Mr. Hemmings, you're leaving as well." Karen hurried over to open the lobby doors but Ashton stopped her.

"Yes, we're leaving early." Ashton answered before Luke could.

"We'll see you tomorrow morning." Ashton smiled as he held the door for Luke.

"I've been considering getting a new receptionist." Luke said as if running the idea by Ashton.

"What? Why? I like Karen." Ashton frowned.

"She's too fake. I know she hates me." Luke sneered.

"She doesn't hate you. She's afraid of you." Ashton corrected.

"Why is everyone so afraid of me?" Luke frowned.

"Really?" Ashton rose a brow at Luke.

"Everyone thinks I'm an asshole." Luke shrugged as if he couldn't imagine why.

"You aren't exactly nice to people." Ashton pointed out.

"I don't have time to be nice to people." Luke snapped.

"Then you can't be surprised when people are afraid of you." Ashton shrugged.

"You aren't afraid of me." Luke pointed out.

"You're also nicer to me." Ashton smirked.

"I do try." Luke winked as they climbed into the back of their car.

*AN*
Little update for you. Enjoy!