Chapter 4

Police sirens were playing in a distance followed by ambulance sirens. In time they got closer, closer and closer. The high school students were relieved that help was on its way. Ryan was talking to one of the police officers while the ambulance took the bus driver away on a stretcher, some students watched mortified as the paramedic announced him dead. It only seemed impossible for that to happen, but it did.

In a short times notice another bus came to retrieve the students, they all boarded the bus and head to school getting into their second period.

"I still don't understand how an SUV with no driver causes a bus to flip over?!" Scarlett asked Eric, they sat together during their lunch period.

"Hey." They heard a small voice greet them. Scarlett looked up from her plate of food.

"Hi Grace! Come sit with us." Scarlett motioned for her to come over.

"Grace this is Eric, Eric this is my very first friend that I made here, Grace." She introduced them both. Grace shyly shook his hand while Eric gave her a welcoming smile.

"You weren't here this morning, where were you?" Grace questioned Scarlett.

"Eric and I got into an accident on our bus. Nobody got hurt except for the driver. He died." As soon as Scarlett finished speaking all the lights in the cafeteria turned off. All of a sudden the high school students mumbling roared throughout the cafe.

"We are commencing the lock down procedure this is not a drill, I repeat not a drill." The principal, Mr. Grayson announced on the P.A system.

"Guys, under the table over here." Eric called Grace and Scarlett. They made their way underneath the cafeteria table joining Eric.

Scarlett looked around and saw everyone huddled up together staring at the cafe doors. She looked in the same direction as the rest and saw a dark figure pass by, it passed by again. It seemed as if it were pacing back and forth.

"Eric, did you see that?" She whispered. She shook Grace's arm who was nearly about to pass out.

"I did." Grace murmured timidly.

"What are you guys-" He cut himself off, now he spotted what Scarlett was trying to convey.

"Who or what is that?" Eric was stunned by the figure.

When the dark silhouette passed by one more time it abruptly vanished. Eric, Scarlett and Grace were left dumbfounded with the rest of the students.

"Okay everyone, lock down procedure has concluded, no one was hurt. Thank you for the cooperation everything went smoothly." Mr. Grayson notified everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day Scarlett had asked if Grace wanted to come over after school to work on their homework together and spent some time to get to know each other more. They walking over to her house from the bus stop Eric was with them.

"That lock down was odd." He commented.

"Right. It wasn't what I expected and that dark figure?" Scarlett questioned Eric, Grace and herself.

He nodded saying he saw that too.

"I saw it Scarlett, but it scared me." Grace sounded disturbed.

"I just think that it's odd that's all, it doesn't really make any sense, I want answers?" Scarlett said.

As they continued walking Grace suddenly stopped, Eric and Scarlett looked back, "what's wrong?" They both asked simultaneously.

"Someone is watching us." She was hardly audible, they gave her confused looks. She slowly approached them and repeated it again.